Krieghoff...are they worth it?

Scully

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't worth it to me and I'll never warm to the looks, but on the registered sporting clays circuit the K80 variants are very popular. The Parcours has got them established into a market segment previously dominated by Italian guns.

There's a very nice Parcours for sale over on ShootClay. I've seen the gun personally and know the owner well enough to know that it's well cared for and in very good shape.

Will it make you a better shot, or kill stuff that less expensive guns won't ... I doubt it.

One chap I know has twice bought one thinking it'll get him from AA to AAA ... and both times regretted it and gone back to something different.

Will it give you a warm fuzzy feeling of owning an object of desire every time you open the cabinet ... only you'll know that.

Are they worth the asking price (that happens to be 3-4 times that of other guns that are just as well made, provably more reliable with the same if not superior features and which have proved beyond a shadow of doubt will score near if not actual maximum possible at ESP) and be easier to resell and retain a greater % of their cost price ? No of course not. Would I buy one ? Absolutely, if I truly had £10-£15k spare which I couldn't more wisely spend on owning at least half a dozen other awesome guns such as say an FX Impact (now that's engineering before anyone starts on about the katie) ;) I wouldn't hesitate in buying a krieghoff. 

The trouble with these guns isn't that they're anything other than superb, the trouble is their price tag is a load of old nonsense. 

They are worth every penny when you compare them to the competition. They swing well soak up recoil have nice trigger pulls and when you fit it too you they work very well. My scores went up ten percent with mine. Due to a lower back injury I rarely use it now. Mine is a K80 Super Sport Titanium with parcours shape adjustable stock rather than the trap style Monte Carlo.

I keep.hanging onto mine using it occasionally hoping my back improves but I think I'll move it on in the new year.

Try one scully it's the only way to know.

A lot of money.....

Comparison ...I shoot a 30 inch barreled ejector Yilditz 410 standard model  ...around £750.  At the Shooting Show in February I had a look at a very nicely engraved version of basically the same gun .. £2000.  Do you think I would shoot any better with that than the one I have I said to the salesman.....no reply.   Of course I wouldn't.  

If the gun suits you , fits you, gives you confidence AND you can afford it, then buy it. Simple as that.    My little Yilditz is just an extension of my body, I hold my own in the pheasant line and more importantly I enjoy shooting it.   

The price of a Kreighoff will basically buy me four seasons shooting.....much better value.

Very nice guns but not "worth" the asking, i have had 3 and enjoyed them all. A friend recently bought one for a substantial sum, while having a go i noted to myself it just didnt feel the money. Buy wisely a nearly new to save a fortune and you money will be fairly well protected.

Nice to shoot, well made and engineered good back up in my experience but not value in any form.

1 hour ago, gotgcoalman said:

Imagine the Baikals you could buy with the money 🤔

100's

One of them is bound to fit :cool:

👍

1 hour ago, Creedmoor said:

The second biggest downside ( apart from the ridiculous price for what is nothing more that a pimped up Remington) having NO choice but to deal with Alan Rhône , for everything. 

I have had two over the years , would I have another ? Not on your nelly.

If I'm totally honest I do much prefer the looks of the 3200, but can't find too much info' on them as they're a much older gun. Some say the models with such and such a screw should be avoided and I can never seem to discover exactly which model is being referred to. 

Anyhow, I'd very much like to try a Krieghoff, whether I could afford one is another matter. I buy guns mostly on the merits of their looks and have never given any thought to whether it will make me a better shot or not, hence my short lived dalliances with a couple of Berettas. 🙂

I have had a shot of a fair few K guns now, both K-80s and Parcours.  The Parcours that I have tried bash me in the face, despite the sight picture being very similar to my own gun so they feel good until I pull the trigger.  The K-80s i have shot i find to be better suited to me, but they are fugly.

Would I buy one?  No, but only because they don't float my boat.

If I was given one for nothing would I shoot it?  Nope, i'd sell it and buy something else and pocket a wodge of cash.

Would I spring £15k on a gun? In a heartbeat if I had the cash and it made me smile whenever I picked it up, a K gun (so far) simply does not do that for me.

After the discussion on here, and especially about the 3200, I realised it had been a while since I'd browsed the 3200 on GT, so had a gander. There were the usual ones which had been on for some time which were either in the wrong configuration ( I don't fancy a skeet model, although there is a very nice cased example ) or older models which I doubt have been 'updated'. Apparently some of the older models have been susceptible to indeterminate niggles, and after a little digging ( much easier than I thought ) I found that the most desirable specimens were those with one pin at the rear of the receiver face, with a dot in the middle of the serial number and with a wreath surrounding the dog as engraving. 

Lo and behold, I discovered what looked to be a very nice Super Trap with a single pin and a wreath surrounding the dog on the receiver, so a quick call to Malmo first thing to check they still had it, and ask if they could put it to one side 'til I got there, and off I went via the picture framers. 

I will post some pictures some time over the weekend, but this gun is in wonderful condition. It isn't quite mint as a previous owner has allowed the fore end metal work to get slightly pitted at one end for some strange reason ( it could have been blood on his hands )  but I can have that rectified, but apart from that it is in fabulous condition. The bluing is wonderful and the woodwork under that deep varnish very nicely grained. The original butt pad still has dimples on it! To say I was excited is an understatement! It is a gun I've coveted for a long time, but to find one which has had such little use as this was something I never thought I'd find. It has 30" floating barrels choked at full and full and I can't wait to get out with it. OH says I've been walking around with a stupid grin on my face since we got back.  😀

Anyone want to buy a Grand European? 🙂Seriously; I need the space. 

As an aside, there is a beautiful Perazzi MX2 in the rack too. 👍