Krieghoff...are they worth it?

Scully

42 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Yes a KM4 just off for engraving as we speak. 

Wo! All the best with it. Please post after the work is done.

Here's my Kemen KM4. It's a 20 bore and i love it to bits for shooting pigeons.

kemen44.jpg

I hope i'm not de-railing Scully's post with this interlude.

Edited by Whitebridges

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

Wo! All the best with it. Please post after the work is done.

Here's my Kemen KM4. It's a 20 bore and i love it to bits for shooting pigeons.

kemen44.jpg

I hope i'm not de-railing Scully's post with this interlude.

Looks spot on I will put some photos up when she’s done.  

55 minutes ago, figgy said:

How do the Kemen's hold up to lots of shots. P guns can be a little soft and need work to keep them tip top.

I've always liked the Kemen's looks.

Quite well but if you have issues most parts are interchangeable with the mx8 so not hard to get or do.  But in my case my barrels are a fair bit light than Perazzi can offer.  

14 hours ago, figgy said:

How do the Kemen's hold up to lots of shots. P guns can be a little soft and need work to keep them tip top.

I've always liked the Kemen's looks.

I bought a P gun (MX12 SC3) new four years ago, best estimate is i've put 12k through it and it's still tight as a drum. I picked up the Kemen s/h three years ago and it hadn't done a lot of work, i'd say i've put about 3k through it. It's also tight and not the remotest bit loose. I can't say whether i agree or disagree with your theory on P guns because mine probably hasn't had enough through it to tell. Agree re the Kemen looks. To my eye nicer than a Krieghoff but heyho it's a good job we're all different.       

14 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Looks spot on I will put some photos up when she’s done.  

Great. I'd be very interested to see the work.

I remember Holmfirth Shooting School near Huddersfield selling Krieghoffs, about £500.00 in those days. 70's about. They looked very similar to
what is now but without the amount of bling about them. Perhaps I should have bought one then, probably made a few bob now?:bye2:

4 hours ago, Harry136 said:

If you have that much money to buy a shotgun, i'd suggest save up a bit longer and buy a Longthorne.

But I don't want a Longthorne. For me it's not about the cost, it's about the looks.... a guns appeal. If I put my mind to it I could no doubt find the money for a very nice Perazzi, but they don't make the model I like anymore and I much prefer the one I have, which dates from the early 1980's. It wasn't expensive. 

Edited by Scully

I'd like a Kemen Titanium, if only they were not so expensive and rare.

To be honest I think as soon as you get upto around the 8k mark for a gun any more isn't buying you extra engineering or handling. It's either handmade or just the grade of wood engraving and embellishments that's costi g more.

23 minutes ago, figgy said:

I'd like a Kemen Titanium, if only they were not so expensive and rare.

To be honest I think as soon as you get upto around the 8k mark for a gun any more isn't buying you extra engineering or handling. It's either handmade or just the grade of wood engraving and embellishments that's costi g more.

This...the mechanism HAS to be the same.

11 hours ago, figgy said:

That looks very nice scully, the wedges and draws should give a good lock up. The wood is nicely figured too.

Cheers figgy. 👍

9 hours ago, grrclark said:

What a grand looking gun that is, from pics as above you would say that was a brand new gun.  No wonder you were grinning like the cat that got the cream.

Many thanks grrclark. I know, couldn’t believe my luck, and can’t stop grinning every time I pick it up! Itching to get out with it! 👍

4 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

What a lucky boy ... feeling glad you didn't splash out on a K80 now I guess !!

Oh yes; I’m not too sure I could have afforded a K80, not without a few sleepless nights anyhow, but this was always going to be the preferable option for me; I just didn’t think I’d find one as nice as this.  Have wanted a 3200 for a long time. 👍

2 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Nice looking gun Scully! Do they only come in skeet and skeet and full and full?

looks a lot of gun for the money :good:

Cheers WelshAndy! I’m pretty sure there are sporting versions but I’ve only seen trap and skeet in my searches in the UK. 

I paid a grand for it and had a slip thrown in. 

Malmo bought it from the same bloke they sold it to new, but unfortunately the case didn’t return with the gun. That’s my next search. 👍