I'm going vegan

spandit

I've decided to go vegan, but once I've finished the pack of Vivera steaks I bought, I will return to eating meat again. Bought them in Tesco this evening because I'm curious to see what they're like. I think any proper vegans would have been horrified at my leather boots, leather belt, leather wallet and leather watch strap, not to mention the piece of rabbit rawhide cord in my pocket or the incredibly itchy army surplus wool snood I had around my neck (won't be wearing that again). There are doubtless vegans out there that would rail at the thought of something simulating meat but maybe it was too cold for them tonight as I wasn't accosted by any upon leaving with my purchase.

I've long thought that in order to shift opinion slightly one way you need people on the extreme and maybe the militant vegans out there will do something to improve animal welfare and make everyone think a bit more about what they eat but I don't agree with their methods or their ideology

I’m doing a job for a vegan couple. They are in their mid 30s and are trying to turn me 🙄. They’ve bought me a vegan Tesco sandwich which was nice, cooked me tofu bacon which wasn’t great and given me some vegan chocolate. The way they ‘preach’ it is very scripted like they’ve been taught how to say things. Very cult like. 

They have a duck and 2 chickens in a coop in the garden so I said do they eggs, to which her reply was the duck is too old but we give the eggs from the chickens to her husbands parents to stop them buying commercial eggs. Didn’t quite get that 😂

She looks anaemic, skinny and her hair looks thin. Not a good advert for it. 

Let the weirdos eat what they want. Just don't expect me to change my carnivorous ways. If we weren't meant to eat meat, why does it taste so nice?

And what's this tofu "bacon" and quorn "chicken" and now vivera "steak" all about?  Trying to make it sound more appealing by referencing decent food is surely false advertising. It should be called thinly sliced rubbery stuff or slightly thicker rubbery stuff. The dictionary definitions of bacon, chicken and steak are all meat-based.

They think they're doing good by keeping a small amount of birds and giving the fre range eggs to family.  They won't see the irony of having them in captivity only that it's free range.

If that's what they want to eat fine by me just don't preach to me about what I like to eat.

I do however believe in modern society we consume too much processed meat. Our ancestors ate meat but not anything like the amount we do. They had to hunt and fish for it. Only when farming came to be did we start munching meat in quantity.

On 12/12/2018 at 23:29, Ultrastu said:

When they agree to banning sex and  breathing then i will agree to banning hunting and eating meat .

Its as simple as that .dont you ******* dare try to deny me of who i am .and what i believe in .

I’ve made these 2 vegans some shutters out of poplar with ply panels. They didn’t want MDF. After I made and fitted them I said that the layers of ply are glued together with animal glue 😂 should of seen their faces 

On 12/12/2018 at 23:31, ShootingEgg said:

Right, so they wont eat meat be a its cruel to eat an animal, but they will keep one penned in their garden.. Anyone else think that's slightly hypocritical.... 

That’s what I thought 🙄 

5 hours ago, figgy said:

They think they're doing good by keeping a small amount of birds and giving the fre range eggs to family.  They won't see the irony of having them in captivity only that it's free range.

If that's what they want to eat fine by me just don't preach to me about what I like to eat.

I do however believe in modern society we consume too much processed meat. Our ancestors ate meat but not anything like the amount we do. They had to hunt and fish for it. Only when farming came to be did we start munching meat in quantity.

Agree on the processed meats. I don’t eat pork as it doesn’t agree with me so don’t have ham etc. 

Veganism is a food fad among kids in their early to mid teens, my sister in law who is a teacher and head of domestic science says once one kid announces they are a vegan it spreads round the class and soon the whole class is saying they are vegan even though they probably not that serious. Its not as innocent as it appears though.

The trouble is they then go on these vegan websites for 'how to do it' and get receipes and in the process get absolutely bombarded with lots of heavily loaded political propaganda by hard left, momentum etc and militant animal rights groups. More to the point they get the kids email addresses for future use.

Its a recruiting portal. All these organisations are doing is trying to draw the kids in. Every hunt sab and momentum member has been hooked by somebody in the past to start them on their journey. 

Edited by Vince Green

40 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The trouble is they then go on these vegan websites for 'how to do it' and get receipes and in the process get absolutely bombarded with lots of heavily loaded political propaganda by hard left, momentum etc and militant animal rights groups. More to the point they get the kids email addresses for future use.

Its a recruiting portal. All these organisations are doing is trying to draw the kids in. Every hunt sab and momentum member has been hooked by somebody in the past to start them on their journey.

^ This.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Veganism is a food fad among kids in their early to mid teens, my sister in law who is a teacher and head of domestic science says once one kid announces they are a vegan it spreads round the class and soon the whole class is saying they are vegan even though they probably not that serious. Its not as innocent as it appears though.

👍

Anyone spot this little pearl

"Vegan vigil as charity farm kills turkeys for Christmas" 

This was an article in yesterdays 12/12 Metro.

A candle lit vigil by vegan activists was held at the gates of a charity farm (St Werburghs City Farm Bristol) which helps youngsters and people with learning difficulties to learn about growing things and rearing livestock. As a result the farm cancelled a raffle for the birds, the proceeds would have gone to their funds. Not all was lost as the birds were sold privately.

Wonder if any of these 'vegans' will be sitting down to a turkey lunch for crimbo??

Now that would be hypocrisy at its crassest.  

13 hours ago, walshie said:

Let the weirdos eat what they want. Just don't expect me to change my carnivorous ways. If we weren't meant to eat meat, why does it taste so nice?

And what's this tofu "bacon" and quorn "chicken" and now vivera "steak" all about?  Trying to make it sound more appealing by referencing decent food is surely false advertising. It should be called thinly sliced rubbery stuff or slightly thicker rubbery stuff. The dictionary definitions of bacon, chicken and steak are all meat-based.

France have banned the use of meaty words in relation of vegan products in marketing recently for the very same reason you say Walshie.

One thing for sure is that food produces will be lobbying the government.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/youll-no-longer-find-vegetarian-sausages-or-cauliflower-steak-in-france_uk_5ad9a2a0e4b029ebe022d3e2

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

France have banned the use of meaty words in relation of vegan products in marketing recently for the very same reason you say Walshie.

One thing for sure is that food produces will be lobbying the government.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/youll-no-longer-find-vegetarian-sausages-or-cauliflower-steak-in-france_uk_5ad9a2a0e4b029ebe022d3e2

That's interesting. Hopefully it will be squashed underfoot here soon. My outrage is somewhat quelled.