Domestic technician

henry d

Day off and instead of loafing about I have decided to give the front room (we`re not posh enough for a lounge or living room) a good clean before the Christmas visitors arrive in a weeks time. Vacuuming done, walls wiped down, dusting going nicely when I noticed lots of dust and dog hair trapped by the convection fins (?) between the two main parts. How can I get them dusted? First was some fishing line and small sinker which only moved a little of it, then I thought; I`m sure the 12g cleaning rods would fit down there.

Ten minutes later and its all done, but I might need to re start the dusting, vacuuming and wiping again 😞

Any other cleaning hacks/tips?

24 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Best advice I ever heard was buy a massive house with massive rooms and you don't notice the stoor.

Not the most practical advice and certainly not the most affordable, but there is a truth in it, sadly until then i need to keep hoovering and dusting too.

If you can afford a big hoose then you can afford to employ a real domestic technician, one that doesn`t knock over the nativity scene and other christmassy bits and pieces. Apart from a lack of stoor and a nice appley smell you`d never know I did anything today :D

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

£2-69 and free delivery! I`ll get two and maybes it will also fit the 12g ?

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

Best advice I ever heard was buy a massive house with massive rooms and you don't notice the stoor.

Not the most practical advice and certainly not the most affordable, but there is a truth in it, sadly until then i need to keep hoovering and dusting too.

Never never dust  a small section, it makes the rest look really bad.  Leave well alone and it all blends in together and never noticed.

Blackpowder

We have a cleaning fairy . The place is usually a tip when I leave for work each morning ,but when I get home , the fairy has cleaned everything up , the cleaning fairy also takes care of my laundry , I get undressed at bedtime ,and when I get up in the morning,  my dirty clothes have gone ,and clean clothes are sitting on top of my cupboard.

👍👍👍👍

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Day off and instead of loafing about I have decided to give the front room (we`re not posh enough for a lounge or living room) a good clean before the Christmas visitors arrive in a weeks time. Vacuuming done, walls wiped down, dusting going nicely when I noticed lots of dust and dog hair trapped by the convection fins (?) between the two main parts. How can I get them dusted? First was some fishing line and small sinker which only moved a little of it, then I thought; I`m sure the 12g cleaning rods would fit down there.

Ten minutes later and its all done, but I might need to re start the dusting, vacuuming and wiping again 😞

Any other cleaning hacks/tips?

Netflix.