"im mainly......"..Different...

ditchman

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well im not about to push some "figgy toffee pudding" up the old bournville borlevarde ...so i can expirence a quick thrill.....no wonder ginger is so popular in up market supermarkets.......

you dont half learn some stuff on the old computor....

Sometimes you learn stuff you really didn't need to learn either...

In my defence a friend of mine used to race trotters and apparently if they wanted to lengthen the odds with the bookies they would use a bit of root ginger as it caused the cuddy to break its stride and stop trotting, then in a big race when they had long odds for the unpredictable horse it would trot fine without its fiery plug!!  As soon as the ginger was removed the horse would settle and no detectable signs.

I believe the same happened in dog racing too.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sum ole boi in norfolk tried it.....and driving back from his girlfriends at night in a seris one landy...caused an accident on a sharp bend as his willy was caught under the steering wheel like a Halfords crook lock...(other makes are available)

I think you spelled crook wrong 🤣

A simple request, Ditchy, could you please post the ongoing progress of this latest project before or during the evening so that I do not have to endure whatever boring stuff my wife decides to watch on the television this evening. Many thanks and thanks again for taking the time to post the progress so far. Oh, and mind those sharp blades. I trust that you wear full PPE i.e. hi viz jacket, toe-tector boots, hard hat and goggles. :hmm:

OB

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I would have thought a man of your talents would have devised a 'live link' by now so we can follow every nuance of proceedings.

Obviously the rod at the end did not come right to the top surface and the space filled with braze .....clever.  When polished should be almost invisible.

silver..:good:it runs better.....

done the 2 most difficult things this morning....the standing down and cutting the slot.......being a small knife if you are 1/4 mm out...the knife is scrap....

everything fine tho'

will put some pics up in the semi finished form after i have done some shopping..........

nearly done...a quick sand down to get rid of a couple of deep scratches.. quick polish.then i put in a hardened steel rivet.............

Tried to be clever as it is" A PRIEST"......... the black wood ebony is the clerical shirt....and the white antler ring is the dog collar.....................

well i think it is fun anyway..........

please yer self..:lol:

there is enough weight in it with the 1/4" steel rod and brass cap ...and used swiftly to the head will dispatch game ...no-probs.....ive seen folk trying to beat to death a pheasant with something bigger...they look like the drummer out of Deaf Leppard......its not ....how hard....it is how ..you administer the "last rites"....

so there you go.............ive run out of antler now so im stuffed for the moment....

ditch

pen' priest 001tn_.JPG

pen' priest 002tn_.JPG

pen' priest 003tn_.JPG

pen' priest 004tn_.JPG

pen' priest 005tn_.JPG

pen' priest 006tn_.JPG

pen' priest 007tn_.JPG

pen' priest 008tn_.JPG

pen' priest 009tn_.JPG

21 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Most Impressed......but how is the rod secured t'other end inside the antler?

Or did I miss that bit?

the rod was heated and splayed....rough ground  and set in an over sized conicle hole with a 2 part apoxy....(the stuff you sink bolts into brick or concrete)