"im mainly......"..Different...

ditchman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fantastical 👍👍👍, a truly unique piece of kit , that looks great , and will last for many years to come 👍👍👍

17 minutes ago, JDog said:

Not yet. I have an industrial sized rough iron file which I am sure will do the trick.

You could just sharpen it on the back step 😊

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Absolutely fantastical 👍👍👍, a truly unique piece of kit , that looks great , and will last for many years to come 👍👍👍

my mates mum used to do that with the old kitchen knife...........the house was tudor and the stone step was dished thro' sharpening knives over many generations..

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

He darnt live inTipton dus he?

Love the 'clerical' bit too.  As I have already said, run out of superlatives in my copy of the Concise Oxford Dictionary but it is dated 1911.

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Done that before!

This summer I was staying in a rented villa in Italy and the kitchen knives were hopelessly dull.  I half opened the door windows in the car and used the ground edge on the glass, it works surprisingly well.

The priestly oddity looks great Simon.

14 minutes ago, Tad-blody said:

Is the blade lock in the closed position a Ditchy entreprises mod or are Opinel selling them like that now?

well spotted ..:good:...it is fairly recent that the blades have been lockable in the closed position.......i have had a couple of old ones (old stock) where i have had to grind an angle out...and in the very curved handles i still have to grind a bit more out on a lockable one...

so well done that man :good:

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well spotted ..:good:...it is fairly recent that the blades have been lockable in the closed position.......i have had a couple of old ones (old stock) where i have had to grind an angle out...and in the very curved handles i still have to grind a bit more out on a lockable one...

so well done that man :good:

Damned good idea that. Had a few over the years that have slackened through use and I've found them open like a V in the bag or coat pocket, luckily no cuts though.

19 hours ago, Tad-blody said:

Damned good idea that. Had a few over the years that have slackened through use and I've found them open like a V in the bag or coat pocket, luckily no cuts though.

Don’t think that will happen with simons knifes , the blade fits very snug in the handle they have been extreamly well made and engineered.

harnser

15 minutes ago, Harnser said:

Don’t think that will happen with simons knifes , the blade fits very snug in the handle they have been extreamly well made and engineered.

harnser

thank you :good:..............sent flynny and daughter's knife off today............the post does worry me even the tracked post...they went as "garden pruners"

Lovely  work as usual Simon,

you  could get 100 smackers a pop for those, ????? Easy,

as said I ll start saving antler for ya mate, I only keep the 1st set of each beast, ( only Sika to go )

ive given plenty away over the last 5 years( apart from the 1st ones of each species grassed), I'll look in my man den and see what else I've got knocking about for ya,

what you gonna do with them roe antlers I sent ya????? I'm sure you'll come up with somert

that priest/ knife combo is awesome mate, a belting idea

flynny

Edited by flynny

On 16/12/2018 at 15:26, ditchman said:

nearly done...a quick sand down to get rid of a couple of deep scratches.. quick polish.then i put in a hardened steel rivet.............

Tried to be clever as it is" A PRIEST"......... the black wood ebony is the clerical shirt....and the white antler ring is the dog collar.....................

well i think it is fun anyway..........

please yer self..:lol:

there is enough weight in it with the 1/4" steel rod and brass cap ...and used swiftly to the head will dispatch game ...no-probs.....ive seen folk trying to beat to death a pheasant with something bigger...they look like the drummer out of Deaf Leppard......its not ....how hard....it is how ..you administer the "last rites"....

so there you go.............ive run out of antler now so im stuffed for the moment....

ditch

pen' priest 001tn_.JPG

pen' priest 002tn_.JPG

pen' priest 003tn_.JPG

pen' priest 004tn_.JPG

pen' priest 005tn_.JPG

pen' priest 006tn_.JPG

pen' priest 007tn_.JPG

pen' priest 008tn_.JPG

pen' priest 009tn_.JPG

I shall refer to this one as "THE BLACK DEATH"

Superb craft there Ditchy as usual.

atb

7diaw

33 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Wow!!!! Only just seen this.

Beauty in form and function, right there! It shall get its first outing on the 29th.

Thank you so much, Simon.

I HAVE PUT AN EDGE ON IT.............but you need to get a fine diamond file to bring it up to snuff....