New project.

la bala

I cant believe the size of the light clusters on these more modern cars. And dont you just like the fittings, everything bl@@dy plastic, thats fine when they are put together in the factory, but we all know what happens to plastic after a while. Picked up another wing from scrapyard, flatted it down, thats now red and ready to go. Hopefully by the weekend she will be back on the road.

As has been said Headlight and Wing from scrapyard. 1 tin of spray primer, 2 tins spray colour.

Black wing sprayed red, slight deformation on one bracket, realigned. Bit of TLC still needed on plastic but still have one tin of colour left. Booked in for tracking and M O T next week.

Capture fuf 6.PNG

Capture fuf 8.PNG

Capture fuf 9.PNG

There is a little story here. Just over a week ago my grandaughter was involved in a minor shunt through no fault of her own. The other driver excepted full responsibilty. His insurance company on purely photographic evidence wrote her car off as an uneconomical repair. I was quite impressed with what they were offering for an 05 plate and told her to except but do a deal on a buy back, this they were happy to do. Final tally, my son in scrap yard for 2 hours removing wing, headlight, and wheel with nearly new michilen tyre. £65. My self flatting down and spraying wing, 2 hours, paint about 30 quid. My boy and I worked from 4pm until 8m tonight putting together. As it was classed as  category N the only stipulation my grandaughters insurance asked for was she had it M O Td again.

Edited by la bala