Lofting/Roost decoying set

PPP

49 minutes ago, PPP said:

I’ve seen a few of these, seem quite expensive... any suggestions? Are they worth the money vs trying to bridge one togerher?

hello, i used a lofting kit in my early years pigeon shooting but not expensive then,  one way is buy a cheap long carbon fishing pole but use without first blank, tie a hook on to loft some decoys, BUT KEEP AWAY FROM ELECTRIC POWER LINES, or buy some ally tube say 25mm x 5x5ft and glue inside some smaller tube protruding 100mm one end, slot together and tie on a hook end, i use weighted lofters, cheers   

I used an old 8 meter carbon carp pole for years, it had a landing net handle top end and a modified hook which would lift and place the decoys mounted on the branch hooks with balance weights, The method had some success but sadly last time out the pole finally gave up on me, shattering the middle section beyond repair, to be honest the amount of time I used it , it was just another piece of kit left in the car boot,  and I prefer to shoot birds coming to decoys, with roost shooting I usually end up with a stiff neck and very few birds.but if you can get the bits you need for a small outlay then why not give it a try, its all part of the bigger experience of pigeon shooting in all its forms.:good: