hodge911

volvo xc90 2.4td

has anyone used one of these for light off road use as in across fields and farm tracks ect not green lane-ing or mud plugging

I have bought one as my everyday drive and since the engine went bang in the xtrail I was wondering if I put some m+s tyres or some say 50/50 on off road tyres on will it be as good as the xtrail for driving the fields [mainly large flat-ish pastures] and some farm tracks while lamping and field margins to get to hide positions with gear

Edited by hodge911

Hi Hodge911. I have previously owned an XC90 which I ran on road tyres. I frequently used it off road crossing stubbles, farm tracks etc with no problem whatsoever. In fact I took it places where my mates hilux struggled. A great car although the electrics did become a bit problematic towards the end of its life. Just out of interest is it the auto version as that’s what I drove and I do think it helps with light off road use.. Good luck with the new car. All the best Ian

53 minutes ago, ikerrison said:

Hi Hodge911. I have previously owned an XC90 which I ran on road tyres. I frequently used it off road crossing stubbles, farm tracks etc with no problem whatsoever. In fact I took it places where my mates hilux struggled. A great car although the electrics did become a bit problematic towards the end of its life. Just out of interest is it the auto version as that’s what I drove and I do think it helps with light off road use.. Good luck with the new car. All the best Ian

Yep auto well geartronic as volvo call it