Boxing day shoot

B725

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, B725 said:

According to the Sunday Mirror Prince Harry won't be shooting on boxing day to appease his new wife who doesn't like the idea and refuses to wear fur of any kind. 

Must admit I prefer my ladies without "FUR"

Edited by guzzicat

29 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

More fool him! He should start as he means to go on.......why should one side of a relationship want to force their own views on the other?......

What I don't understand that she knew about his lifestyle, commitments, and traditions but wants to change it. Don't half the crowns etc have ermine on them maybe they could make a nylon version for her. 

Just now, Eyefor said:

...isn't that statement totally contradictory?

I don't think so.?..........she is neither complying, nor being asked to comply with his views/interests, on the other hand, he it appears, is complying (against his sporting views/interests) with her views? Why?...... They ain't joined at the hip!

4 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Must admit I prefer my ladies without "FUR"

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Me too

I prefer mine to look like women not pre-pubescent girls!

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

More fool him! He should start as he means to go on.......why should one side of a relationship want to force their own views on the other?......

3 hours ago, Eyefor said:

...isn't that statement totally contradictory?

Absolutely!

I think the pity here (assuming the stories are true) is that he has given up (or been 'made' to give up) a family tradition, going back (shooting) to Prince Albert, and 'hunting' (probably mainly for venison) overall for centuries.

In recent times, Edward VII, George V, George VI, Prince Phillip & Prince Charles have always enjoyed shooting - and HM the Queen has always taken part in shooting parties, working her dogs with skill and enjoyment.