Twin magnets

keeperdan

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He's a Keeper, he'll have a vehicle to get him round!

He may well do, but I would not risk driving the tramlines, it does not take much to get stuck when the field is wet, then you have an embarrassing phone call to your farmer telling him what you have done and can he come and pull you out.

6 hours ago, keeperdan said:

Hi all, i have just been given another magnet so i could possibly runs 2 magnets in my pattern now,  hows the best way to do this  

It appears that some of the pigeon shooters who write for various magazines use two magnets either side of the pattern to good effect.

Perhaps siting both well up wind of the pattern might help with creating more movement.

However, noting the great results that PC on here gets every week with just one magnet does make you wonder whether two are necessary.

OB

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

It appears that some of the pigeon shooters who write for various magazines use two magnets either side of the pattern to good effect.

Perhaps siting both well up wind of the pattern might help with creating more movement.

However, noting the great results that PC on here gets every week with just one magnet does make you wonder whether two are necessary.

OB

Just think what he could do with a pair!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Used two together on some pea stubble, nothing else birds wanted to be there in some order, shot sixty odd, mate was other side of the field and he said movement looked good, he had one magnet going and didn’t kill half that amount. Then tried it again on another day and ended up putting both in and shot over decoys only. No days the same as they say. Give it ago

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:26, old'un said:

Never run two magnets but if I did they would be fairly close together and away from my killing zone.

Another point is, if you have to walk your field its bad enough carrying all the gear without having another battery and magnet to carry.

I usually do the opposite. I often have the the magnets side by side, and have them very close to my pattern.