Escape to the Chateau

getthegat

Anyone else watching this series? Brilliant. Whacky. Innovative. Family values. Hard working couple. Recycling of just about anything. The weddings look so good, so warm, so individual, so friendly. We love it. What a life their kids are having. They shop local and employ local people, so are bringing revenue into the surrounding area, instead of there being a delapidated wonderful old building that would otherwise be empty and deteriorating as the years go by. They have brought the chateau back to life and are superb custodians. Wholesome, I think is the word that sums it up.

First couple of series were pretty good but it's starting to wind me up now, how many times can we be fed the old "before the wedding the moat needs draining, the walls all need repointing and the guest suite doesn't even have a roof" so Angel is busy ironing flowers. Pretty sure they have about 10 full time staff and business is booming - good luck to them but no longer my cup of tea.

14 hours ago, Dougy said:

Saw the series 1st time round, i enjoyed it. That tash is one of the best, and just love the look of his wife, she's got something about her that's just so attractive. 

Booked you in to Specsavers mate, always thought your eyesight a bit wonky unless through a scope.

4 hours ago, old man said:

Booked you in to Specsavers mate, always thought your eyesight a bit wonky unless through a scope.

Come on Pop's, she has something about her that would warm the cockles of your heart and right down to your toes. A smile that would melt the polar ice cap and a bosom to replace it with. 

28 minutes ago, Scully said:

I thinks she’s fine, despite the Matt Lucas quips! 😂 She is a good designer with a natural flair and they all seem to get on well and are happy. A grand life. 

Happy. That's it. How many people these days can sincerely add that word to their every day life. It's not your five minute multi million deal for being able to sing or twang a guitar, type of show and if that's what floats your boat then great, but I do feel sometimes a simple happy family unit for some reason takes a knocking. Maybe it's envy, or just cynical, I don't know, but I think their love for each other, the family and their life, comes through strong.

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Come on Pop's, she has something about her that would warm the cockles of your heart and right down to your toes. A smile that would melt the polar ice cap and a bosom to replace it with. 

Look bud still think it best if you stop sniffing the Varget, less disappointment that way?

11 hours ago, Dougy said:

Its not me it's you lot, no sense of adventure. 

Mt rtys dte sote os pretext 

No sense of adventure?? She's got a face only David Cameron could love! ;)

I love the series but can't help but laugh when she says she's been 'grafting' all day and is exhausted when she's been clagging dried flowers to a wall in a nice warm room and he's been out in the middle of winter digging out a moat!! :lol: