Aborted dive

oowee

Had a couple of dives this morning to about 30m on Japanese wrecks from WW2.

After lunch moved to a freshwater lake for a dive with an inverted thermo cline. Hot water under a layer of cold. Climbed in and quickly down to 12m where the two layers met. Top layer 27deg bottom layer 40deg. You colud actualy see tge two layers. Then down into the hot where it stopped at about 20m. Played about in the clay bottom diving head first into the thick clay. Then after 10mins or so back up into the hot.

After 10 mins max i had the most unpleasant dissiness. Literraly felt like i was going to be sick. Panting and gasping for air. Horrible. Upto 12m into the cold to try and regulate breathing and work back to surface. What a relief to get safety stop out of the way and get out.

Most unexpected. Day off in the morning

Lake is at sea level. Its inland but close to the sea. Its fresh water on the surface and then various mixes beneath. There are caves that allow the water to move between the lake and the sea.

I am not using tables but two dive computers for the calcs. 

The head plants in the clay are just a bit of fun. Whilst you can completely loose vis a couple of fin strokes and back in the clear. 

I was on the spare reg as my main reg is leaking a little. 

Lake is barracuda lake Coron island Palawan. 

I was not wearing a wet suit as I knew it would be mega hot. I think maybe tired, indigestion, heat and pressure just a bit too much. Once i started breathing eratically it was only going downhill. 

Picture is approach from sea. Lake beyond rock wall at far end. 

IMG-20181217-WA0008.jpg

54 minutes ago, Seadog1408 said:

Main reg leaking a little can get worse quickly, shouldn't have dived with the rig.

I think he means his main reg is leaking so he was using a spare... not that he was using his buddy reg whilst the primary was leaking which would be pretty silly in my opinion.

Sounds like it could be dehydration. or contaminated gas source!

Bad headache after dive?

Did you go on oxygen after the dive?

Diving on air or nitrox?

What were your dive profiles? Did you go into deco? surface intervals? 

if you were diving on air (and are not an air pig!) you would have been pushing the limits at 3 dives, 2 to 30m and 1 to 20m with minimum surface intervals.

Edited by silver pigeon69

13 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

Ditchy is she available at Christmas? i have 12 people coming for lunch and need a big bird that can accommodate everyone

she wont fit in the oven...........

im off now as ive derailed this thread and zapp will be giving me some xmas points..........:lol:     :big_boss:  10 pts :santa: