Dave Carries best kill shots

figgy

Just watching the above part one.

Some very good shooting at high and lower but long range birds.

Can't help thinking it would be just as much fun and maybe as much or more of a challenge to shoot the lower curling twisting birds with a smaller guage gun. They were screaming past twisting and turning.

Noticed you could see the was as the shots were taken on some zero wonder if the was has a plastic coating to the over powder card or a plastic gas seal as the light seemed to reflect off or light it up. 

6 minutes ago, figgy said:

Just watching the above part one.

Some very good shooting at high and lower but long range birds.

Can't help thinking it would be just as much fun and maybe as much or more of a challenge to shoot the lower curling twisting birds with a smaller guage gun. They were screaming past twisting and turning.

Noticed you could see the was as the shots were taken on some zero wonder if the was has a plastic coating to the over powder card or a plastic gas seal as the light seemed to reflect off or light it up. 

they will only show the best shots what about the misses??

On 17/12/2018 at 14:06, andrewluke said:

they will only show the best shots what about the misses??

Exactly. I could go out on any shoot and fire hundreds or even thousands of shots, hit 10 birds that look amazing and post a video about how good I am ... lol! 

I just couldn't afford it. 

Carrie seems to have a good system in place... I'm sure I saw on the end of one of his video's an ad saying he will come out and shoot on your shoot and give you some advertising, all you have to do is pay his expenses 😯

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Exactly. I could go out on any shoot and fire hundreds or even thousands of shots, hit 10 birds that look amazing and post a video about how good I am ... lol! 

I just couldn't afford it. 

Carrie seems to have a good system in place... I'm sure I saw on the end of one of his video's an ad saying he will come out and shoot on your shoot and give you some advertising, all you have to do is pay his expenses 😯

i saw the same,he also keeps preaching that he's the saviour of game shooting???

Carrie's making decent vids with a pro game shooting spin, very many of the people featured speak in regionally accented english which goes some way to closing the perceived gap between the working and monied classes of the participants, to counter the elitist wealthy man's spin thats often attached to the sport by those who'd attack it. He's showing things are much more socially inclusive than Joe Bloggs is led to believe, by pressure groups and our often hostile media.

Sure it can be expensive but it's not class exclusive. Then there's the clear but under played visual evidence of the symbiosis/relationships between the shoot staff help the guests and local businesses benefiting from the activity in what is otherwise a fragile rural economy.

So we can argue the toss about the shooting of the sorts of targets featured but that aside, his vids present a more balanced and positive view of the activity for the non shooting public at large. That IMO is a good thing and much needed in the current climate as it kicks away a couple of the props often employed against the sport. 

1 hour ago, Uilleachan said:

Carrie's making decent vids with a pro game shooting spin, very many of the people featured speak in regionally accented english which goes some way to closing the perceived gap between the working and monied classes of the participants, to counter the elitist wealthy man's spin thats often attached to the sport by those who'd attack it. He's showing things are much more socially inclusive than Joe Bloggs is led to believe, by pressure groups and our often hostile media.

Sure it can be expensive but it's not class exclusive. Then there's the clear but under played visual evidence of the symbiosis/relationships between the shoot staff help the guests and local businesses benefiting from the activity in what is otherwise a fragile rural economy.

So we can argue the toss about the shooting of the sorts of targets featured but that aside, his vids present a more balanced and positive view of the activity for the non shooting public at large. That IMO is a good thing and much needed in the current climate as it kicks away a couple of the props often employed against the sport. 

Well said sir.     :yes:

8 hours ago, Uilleachan said:

Good post. 

On 19/12/2018 at 11:56, JDog said:

I am undecided about this man.

Should I be drawn next to him I would be in a quandary. He would shoot birds over my head no doubt but I wouldn't shoot them over his head. This decision would be on the basis that a bird closer to him would be his.

I would think he would have asked the guns before the shooting about him taking high birds above them. If any object as they want high birds he probably sticks to his own. You can see in some he only shoots what comes to him and in others he shoots anywhere he sees a a bird he wants.

I do link watching game shooting videos and his are about the best quality. Most are jittery it too wide a shot to see any detail.

He does seem a good ambassador for shooting sports and promotes it at every opportunity.

As for paying his expenses to shoot, one very canny Yorkshire man,  The shootsbget lots of exposure to folk interested in game shooting through his videos.

I have seen shoots on his videos I never knew existed.

I'm not into advertising, maybe some on here are, but taking a naive laymans look at his expenses to come to your shoot. You own the shoot so an extra gun cost is minimal, travel costs fuel etc then accomodation, if you have your own lodge again minimal cost if not a couple of rooms for a few nights in local B&B that also gets a mention.

How much would it cost to get the same veiwing exposure doing it yourself or getting advertising people in ?