Eley zenith - are they as good as the hype

archi

11 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Cheddite royal drive are as good as Hellfires chrono at some speed and a lot cheaper in fact cheap than black gold and other top game loads with the advantages of copper 

Are these the carts your using welshwarrior ?

Cheddites do make a very good cartridge.

Not cheap but extra few pounds per shoot isn't much.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO .. up to 50 yards and you can use pretty much anything from Superfast to Black Gold, and with the right skill and choke ... dead is dead.

Knowing how patterns thin after 50 yards ... and knowing that if you're paying for 50+ yard stuff ... then provided the results are an improvement, I can see sense in using the Copper stuff.

On 13/01/2019 at 09:58, Perazzishot said:

Use Miroku MK 38's 18.3 back bored, Teagued. 

Cheers George. Good speaking to you yesterday mate, let me know when you have some ready and I'll to meet up somewhere!

Got a slab of Zenith 36/4 to use at Warter Priory tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of them.

So how did the zeniths perform?

4 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Wasn't over impressed, persevered with them killed some decent pheasants. But pure fibre are not good enough for much over 55yds is my conclusion except keeping pickers up busy.

that's the thing,persevere with any cartridge and eventually you will kill some decent birds!

18 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Wasn't over impressed, persevered with them killed some decent pheasants. But pure fibre are not good enough for much over 55yds is my conclusion except keeping pickers up busy.

Yep, it's the old, old story from 100 years or more ago - pattern fails before energy and it's pattern that kills.

• 3 years later...