sgc information

ant1

went to my local farmers supplies today to get a slab of cartridges,handed over my cert for them to check and he was typing away on his computer inputting all my certificate details.i asked why he was inputting my details, he said they always do it, never had this done before in any other shop. anyone else had this done to them.

they where inputting my name, address and cert number i think i did not query to much as i was in a bit of a rush. i will challenge them the next i go there. today was the first time ive been there to buy cartridges.

Edited by ant1
miss spelling

Never had it done when i buy any .shopjust looks at it .infact the local does not take it off me to look just glances at it .

no need to take info of certificate and  copy it .have a word will your fao and see what they say 

this is there reply to my email .Thank you for your enquiry which will be considered and responded to at the earliest opportunity.

I appreciate your concerns and will ensure that you are updated with our necessary data collection process shortly.

Meanwhile, please be assured that your details have been requested for a legitimate interest and purpose in order to serve you with the goods that you require, and that your personal details will be stored and processed only for as long as is necessary in accordance with trade compliance and data protection laws, and our own Company policy which support them.

We will contact you again with further information and if you have any further quereis please feel able to contact me or the Store Manager.

Kind regards,

Samantha Roberts, Group Personnel Manager. 

1 hour ago, ant1 said:

this is there reply to my email .Thank you for your enquiry which will be considered and responded to at the earliest opportunity.

I appreciate your concerns and will ensure that you are updated with our necessary data collection process shortly.

Meanwhile, please be assured that your details have been requested for a legitimate interest and purpose in order to serve you with the goods that you require, and that your personal details will be stored and processed only for as long as is necessary in accordance with trade compliance and data protection laws, and our own Company policy which support them.

We will contact you again with further information and if you have any further quereis please feel able to contact me or the Store Manager.

Kind regards,

Im not certain, but Im pretty sure you need to agree to this first , by signing the relevant GDPR rules for this company, before your data can be collected and stored.
Did you sign anything when you bought the carts ?
If they are being collected for any other reason, a survey ect , they still need to ask your permission.

1 hour ago, ant1 said:

Kind regards,

A 'legitimate interest' isn't anything to do with HO guidelines so I personally wouldn't be too happy with all the details from my SGC being entered onto a companies files. It states that 'your details have been requested'. Were they requested; were you asked? If so did you give your permission. 

I've shown my SGC if and when requested for buying cartridges, but have always been handed it straight back.