Lead shot where to buy?

Nobody from Cornwall/Devon going to the Shot Show??  That is where I intend picking mine up from. Fortunately I'm only 25 mins away.

On postage/carriage it really should not be that expensive. I can buy 50kg of peanuts, £10 cheaper than I can buy it 5 miles down the road and it will be delivered to the door at no extra charge and I mean 'to the door'.....it can be done.  Let's face it a bag of lead takes up very little space in a delivery truck .... should be charged on volume not weight.

Guest cookoff013

Dear PW,

We at Folkestone Engineering Supplies (FES) do not charge £15 delivery, 

For the majority of parcels we charge only £10.50 yes some exceptions do apply depending on; destination address, weight over 20kg, volume of the parcel and it's contents, given suitable packaging must be used which has a cost.

We are very focused on keeping delivery costs (and prices) to a minimum and only recently when notified by our couriers of a price increase we were able due to the increased quantity of parcels we sent this year to get the increased cancelled.

Yes other couriers are available, MyHermes is not half price their website shows a 15kg (max weight) parcel to cost £10.49 which is a 2-3day service our courier is next day and up to 20kg.
https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/news/myHermes-price-change.html

With 14,500 local couriers across the country and 8 in 10 people within a 2 minute drive from their local myHermes ParcelShop, we’re the most convenient and reliable way to send your parcels.
www.myhermes.co.uk

We aim to keep our prices as low as possible and currently our lead shot is very competitively priced if you were buying from a certain Italian supplier their current price including Italian VAT £4.47 per kg (plus delivery) ours is £3.40 to £3.50

So the seller of 50kg bags of peanuts is able to save you £10 and deliver free to your door but how many bags do they sell a day? Perhaps hundreds compared to the limited number of home loader in the UK buying lead shot on a daily bases. And they may be like the Italian supplier having an extra £1 a kg out of the product? 
So yes we can do free delivery to you if you want to buy 50kg of lead shot at £4.47 per kg.

Next we have BREXIT on the horizon, we are already being warned that transport costs between the EU and UK are expected to increase and a hard BREXIT will result in an additional import duty of 2.7% on shot, wads etc. 

On a positive note a sincere thank you to all our customers on PW for their business and hope to continue to be of service to you in 2019, we wish all on PW a merry Christmas and prosperous new year.

Enjoy your shooting, regards
John.
FES