Aldi Geese tomorrow

lord_seagrave

I’m doing a hot ham and a goose, but I don’t want to miss out on an Aldi goose, as it’s not a very big store (Milton Keynes).

We get a weekly Able & Cole organic veg delivery (lah-di-dah), and although their meat looks superb, we can’t justify the price! We get loads of great grub from Aldi (they have revived my love of steak), and so I’ll be shopping there this year for the main event.

And OH MY GOD have you tried the Aldi sloe gin mincemeat tarts? :wub:

LS

PS: I refused to believe the hype about goose fat roast potatoes until I did them two years ago. Actively looking forward to them, and all the leftover fat. That year, we were using the fat through until nearly Easter! 

31 minutes ago, bornfree said:

We have them in at day old in April and at three weeks old they are out in grass paddocks until December. Geese are slow growing so the meat is a little tougher than turkey but full of flavour.

Worth a go then :) 

I did look at some other ones that seemed quite posh but they weren’t cheap and my GF didn’t want to spend that much on the chance we might not even like it! 

10 hours ago, lord_seagrave said:

I’m doing a hot ham and a goose, but I don’t want to miss out on an Aldi goose, as it’s not a very big store (Milton Keynes).

We get a weekly Able & Cole organic veg delivery (lah-di-dah), and although their meat looks superb, we can’t justify the price! We get loads of great grub from Aldi (they have revived my love of steak), and so I’ll be shopping there this year for the main event.

And OH MY GOD have you tried the Aldi sloe gin mincemeat tarts?

LS

PS: I refused to believe the hype about goose fat roast potatoes until I did them two years ago. Actively looking forward to them, and all the leftover fat. That year, we were using the fat through until nearly Easter! 

When we lived in MK we used to go to the newly built Aldi on the far side of Buckingham, it was much less busy. I understand Aldi now have a new store at Westcroft too.  The Towcester store has been increased in size and the Countrywide building adjacent to it knocked down and made into a huge car park. So a few alternatives for you.