20g cartridge prices

Hi lads so Iā€™m considering buying a 20bore o/a overĀ a 12gĀ for no reason other than ... I just want one šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

Ā 

realistically how much more expensive is it to shoot at clays. (I have no permission at the minute )Ā 

i have looked online at justcatridges and a couple of other places but how much are you guys actually paying at your local shopĀ for cartridges

best price I found so far is 21g 7.5 plastic for Ā£60 a slab .. Eley I thinkĀ 

I would happily reload but again What is the endĀ price per slab . I would enjoy reloading andĀ ImĀ considering getting a lee loadall 2 if I do get the gun to keep costs to minimumĀ 

cheerrs SS

36 minutes ago, sitsinhedges said:

Buy a decent progressive reloader and make them for the price of 12g clay loads.

The lee loadall 2 for Ā£70 delivered seems a good place to start .. which is the best book or website or forum for reloading data or how do I find out which cars which primer /powder cup and shot to use ..Ā 

does anybody buy a decent slab from the shop shoot them then reload ? If so ... any info greatly appreciated !Ā 

SS

If your looking into the expense of 20 bore over a 12 for clays a 20 is not the gun for you.Ā 

You can buy 21g 12 carts for a chunk less than 20bore 21g carts. Just cartridges CSP Lights in 21g 20 bore Ā£219.00 12bore Ā£179.00 same lead shot and weight but Ā£40.00 more a thousand.

Best way to save money on clay carts is buy a 12 bore.

If you get a permission and fancy a 20 in the future then buy one is my advice.

Edited by figgy

6 hours ago, secret-squirrel said:

The lee loadall 2 for Ā£70 delivered seems a good place to start .. which is the best book or website or forum for reloading data or how do I find out which cars which primer /powder cup and shot to use ..Ā 

does anybody buy a decent slab from the shop shoot them then reload ? If so ... any info greatly appreciated !Ā 

SS

It's not really decent or progressive. It will make reloading any more than a few a chore IMO.

11 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

last ones i got were 28g fiocchi no6 for Ā£64 a slab,but i think this guy is one of the cheapest in the country.

cracking cartridge THEY Are by the way I use them in the hushpower, I got some cheaper last week from rainford fieldsportsĀ  Ā£60 a slab for 28g 6s plas wadĀ  proper carts I didn;t even know they did 20g in proper cartsĀ 

10 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Usually around Ā£75 a slab for clay rounds .

my question how on earth are they charging Ā£75 for a slab of 20g clay carts when I can get 20g game carts for Ā£60 around hereĀ 

Just now, cookoff013 said:

if you have to reload to justify, dont.

i love reloading. but even i`m getting bored with it.

That's true,

Nothing worse than reloading because you need cartridges. I do it as and when I feel like it and build up a stock. It becomes a chore if you need 100 for the morning and have to do it.

On 19/12/2018 at 08:45, yickdaz said:

cracking cartridge THEY Are by the way I use them in the hushpower, I got some cheaper last week from rainford fieldsportsĀ  Ā£60 a slab for 28g 6s plas wadĀ  proper carts I didn;t even know they did 20g in proper cartsĀ 

Ā 

Yeah really rate the fiochii 20b game cartridges as well. The 28 grams of 5 are the heaviest recoiling 20 Iā€™ve shot but still not excessiveĀ and they are very hard hitting and quick cartridges. Great for theseĀ later season pheasants!Ā 

1 hour ago, Gungoesbang said:

Ā 

Yeah really rate the fiochii 20b game cartridges as well. The 28 grams of 5 are the heaviest recoiling 20 Iā€™ve shot but still not excessiveĀ and they are very hard hitting and quick cartridges. Great for theseĀ later season pheasants!Ā 

How quick are they?

Think I paid Ā£64 for a slab of 24grm eley ct20 fibre last time, I had the same itch to scratch, however do have a farm I can go across, shot clays with the 20 a couple of times but generally take the 12 bore as plenty of carts for the 12 and there cheaper, however the 20 is ideal weight for carrying all day on farm , so stops in cabinet until neededĀ