Shooting a few woodies (first ever video)

kyle333

Good video. I don't know what you are resting your rifle on, because you seem to be wavering a bit with it. I use a Primos Trigger stick with a 2 point rifle rest attached. This keeps the rifle solid and eliminates 99% of 'shaking'. Well done though and, as mentioned, let's see some more. I for one will be looking forward to viewing them.:good:

On 19/12/2018 at 18:13, steve_b_wales said:

Good video. I don't know what you are resting your rifle on, because you seem to be wavering a bit with it. I use a Primos Trigger stick with a 2 point rifle rest attached. This keeps the rifle solid and eliminates 99% of 'shaking'. Well done though and, as mentioned, let's see some more. I for one will be looking forward to viewing them.:good:

I found it quite hard using the scope cam on my scope, having to lean away back from the rifle. Even finding the birds on the screen wasn't easy lol don't think it would be as bad shooting from a vehicle or prone position. Some of them birds shot was me lying flat on my back in the middle of the forest, shooting up into tree. I looked into them sticks though, they look like a good job. 

17 hours ago, kyle333 said:

I found it quite hard using the scope cam on my scope, having to lean away back from the rifle. Even finding the birds on the screen wasn't easy lol don't think it would be as bad shooting from a vehicle or prone position. Some of them birds shot was me lying flat on my back in the middle of the forest, shooting up into tree. I looked into them sticks though, they look like a good job. 

Using the tripod with gun rest enables you to move the rifle steadily in all directions. I use mine mainly when baiting for Fox, using my .243 and night vision. The tripod/gun rest eliminates shaking etc. Well worth the money.👍

• 3 weeks later...

I have a single shaft shooting stick which I use propped on a tree trunk to shoot greys off a feeder.

I also have a primos tripod shooting stick which is great anywhere, good stable shooting position, I also have the gun rest which screws into the primos so can leave the gun balanced in situ which means theres less movement for the quarry to notice.