Help choosing which cz 22lr

shawn9914

I am after a cz 22lr I am going for this model after asking a while ago about which 22lr and this brand had lots of good reviews

My question is which model to go for there seems to be lots of models was thinking of a 452 but again still a choice of models in the 452 range ???

I would like 16 inch barrel with moderator not bothered about a scope so all help and advise appreciated as always 

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

t1x

I had one on order but got fed up of waiting earlier in the year so pulled the plug

Then after asking on here lots of good reviews of the cz452 and I don't shoot loads so a cz452 for half the money and just as accurate sounds like a good alternative for my usage 

I bought the 455 synthetic with a standard barrel. Wonderful piece of kit. I also bought the 455 with wood stock and varmint barrel in 17hmr. I just don't like it. When on a sling over my shoulder i just don't sit right. Still accurate with great build but just weighted wrong. There both 22" models. Maybe the home would benefit from a chop. 

1 minute ago, shawn9914 said:

I had one on order but got fed up of waiting earlier in the year so pulled the plug

Then after asking on here lots of good reviews of the cz452 and I don't shoot loads so a cz452 for half the money and just as accurate sounds like a good alternative for my usage 

i got one in hmr. one of the first in the country. it is a cracking rifle. got mine through the trade so not sure what rrp is. but i thought they were competitive with the other makers. i have tried a fair few and used to shoot smallbore competitively and have to say these are great rifles

Do they still make the  452, I know there might be some old stock about , but I was under the impression the 455 replaced it  ?
Obviously loads of 2nd hand ones if thats what youre after.

As far as either goes ,both do exactly what they are supposed to do, and do it well.
I have a 455 in .22lr with a 20 " barrel , and am very happy with it, I am thinking of cutting it down to 16, or getting a 16 " spare barrel, I should imagine the costs are similar by the time its been chopped and screwcut ?

On 20/12/2018 at 10:48, Rewulf said:

Do they still make the  452, I know there might be some old stock about , but I was under the impression the 455 replaced it  ?
Obviously loads of 2nd hand ones if thats what youre after.

As far as either goes ,both do exactly what they are supposed to do, and do it well.
I have a 455 in .22lr with a 20 " barrel , and am very happy with it, I am thinking of cutting it down to 16, or getting a 16 " spare barrel, I should imagine the costs are similar by the time its been chopped and screwcut ?

Yes stopped making the 452 as you say 455 replaced it , equally as good imho , around £200 for a  new 16” screwcut  varmint barrel 

26 minutes ago, shawn9914 said:

i am still not sure what to do I may go for a variation and try a 17 hmr as not had one before and the extra distance would be a bonus on some of my land 

If you dont mind the 3 x ammo cost, and noise, definitely go for the HMR , its got much more versatility.

I have had a 452 HMR Varmint (Heavy Barrel), cut down to 16 inches for about 10 years. It is still supremely accurate, with many rabbit kills out to 150 yards in still conditions. The bolt can be worked quickly to feed for multi targets. I would recommend the 452 .22lr to anyone.

On 19/12/2018 at 22:01, Lloyd90 said:

Get a 452 not a 455... get a synthetic one with stainless barrel much easier less maintenance and cleaning if using all all weathers. 

I think you'll find that the 452 Style is nickel plated, not stainless steel.  Stainless is only available in the 455.

Tim