12 Ga Tracer Cartridges - Need to Source

tonyshooter

8 hours ago, tonyshooter said:

Please can anyone help me source some 12 Ga Tracer cartridges.

Thanks.

Tony 

Gamebore were the last to make them, came in 10s and Winchester used to offer a version too.

They had a burning element in the wad that was lit by the charge. They only really show you were the wad goes, not the payload of shot.

7 hours ago, hambone said:

Pity you can't still buy Baikal Record in packs of 10, they were like tracer. 🤣

No, the Baikal Records had a tremendous muzzle flash that was very obvious in low light.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Explanation.

14 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

So, as the wad will obviously not be travelling at the same velocity ( even if it is a fancy smancy was design) , then they are as useful as a chocolate fire guard !!!!

Yes, they are interesting to watch someone wasting their money though!

Many years ago we had a guest Gun whose self praise was getting to the point of nausea. He "whooped" and shouted every time he hit a bird and loudly moaned if he missed. I just happened to have a couple of tracer cartridges in my pocket and suggested he tried them on the next peg. True to form he "whooped" at every shot until he slipped in the two tracers - He took a right and left which caused him to emit an ear splitting scream that could be heard for many miles. Comments from other Guns such as "You hit that one then" kept him quiet for the rest of the day!

9 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gamebore were the last to make them, came in 10s and Winchester used to offer a version too.

They had a burning element in the wad that was lit by the charge. They only really show you were the wad goes, not the payload of shot.

No, the Baikal Records had a tremendous muzzle flash that was very obvious in low light.

I already have, damned things are no use at all, the light source is in the wad which decelerates rapidly and are just for amusement!!!!