Any thoughts...

Gunnut

Just heard on the local radio, a certain farm in Essex has had there padlocks cut, and  pregnant sheep that were in the field, run down and killed, by certain people in 4X4s. A couple of nights before, the son was approached, asking for permission to go lamping on the property but were refused, but warned the son they would be back, I've my own thoughts on this, and what I would like to do too the people concerned, just like to read your thoughts who might have been responsible !!!

I cannot believe how narrow minded some people can be - if anything goes astray or any wrong doing discovered it's always the poor travellers that get the blame - it's time we stopped thinking that they are treated better than normal folk and get unfair benefits - if you have any real evidence then ring your councils Travellers liaison officer - same number as all the other council helpline services used to be before they were  closed down.

Just now, bruno22rf said:

I cannot believe how narrow minded some people can be - if anything goes astray or any wrong doing discovered it's always the poor travellers that get the blame - it's time we stopped thinking that they are treated better than normal folk and get unfair benefits - if you have any real evidence then ring your councils Travellers liaison officer - same number as all the other council helpline services used to be before they were  closed down.

I agree. It's more likely the local girl guide group. 😂

17 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When were you a "Traveller" rather than a "Carrier?"

Ha, obv was merely an observer of the local ‘community’ on their wonderfully enlightening visits to the town each year..... our primary school backed into a field that the ‘carnies’ and others frequented

But does my parents having a caravan count ????

Edited by Jaymo

On 20/12/2018 at 10:58, Gunnut said:

Just heard on the local radio, a certain farm in Essex has had there padlocks cut, and  pregnant sheep that were in the field, run down and killed, by certain people in 4X4s. A couple of nights before, the son was approached, asking for permission to go lamping on the property but were refused, but warned the son they would be back, I've my own thoughts on this, and what I would like to do too the people concerned, just like to read your thoughts who might have been responsible !!!

So what did the police do? Anything? If they suspected diddicoys then probably nothing as it's all a bit politically sensitive to persecute people who leech off the state teat and contribute nothing to the country whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

So what did the police do? Anything? If they suspected diddicoys then probably nothing as it's all a bit politically sensitive to persecute people who leech off the state teat and contribute nothing to the country whatsoever.

What ! How about their rich culture and 'traditional' way of living off the 'land' ?
The public services they provide for the nations old and vulnerable, tarmaccing drives and pruning trees, rubbish removal and roofing, all at reasonable prices..in cash.

Who can calculate the taxes this community have paid, money that we are desperately grateful for when it comes to pensions and other benefits ?

Why , Scully was just saying how much he looks forward to the horse fair every year, where he can share a bit of craic and have a dance with these jolly knights of the road.

This country would be a far better  lesser place without out loveable rogues, the travelling folk.

You RACIST ! 😂😄

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

This country would be a far better  lesser place without out loveable rogues, the travelling folk.

My shed would be a better place if it still contained my chainsaw and my SDS Plus drill, but I'm at peace knowing that I contributed a little something to their community and it brings a little tear to my eye thinking that maybe I helped to provide a poor starving child with a few days nourishing gruel.

Edited by Westward