The joys of Christmas

CZ550Kevlar

My hate and loathing for Christmas is gradually building over the years.

i have a 12 year old daughter and a wife who is 43.

i bought all the Christmas presents for my wife and my daughter enjoys wrapping so she asked if she could wrap them all, I said yes and made the worlds biggest mistake, I've just been questioned by my wife and generally moaned at asking if I had wrapped any of her presents, I said no because my daughter enjoys wrapping only to be moaned at!

Also I bought a card for my wife from my daughter, rather than writing in it straight away my daughter left it on the floor and my wife went into the room this morning then moaned nobody cares because she has seen her card.

1 hour ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

i bought all the Christmas presents for my wife and my daughter enjoys wrapping so she asked if she could wrap them all, I said yes and made the worlds biggest mistake, I've just been questioned by my wife and generally moaned at asking if I had wrapped any of her presents, I said no because my daughter enjoys wrapping only to be moaned at!

Also I bought a card for my wife from my daughter, rather than writing in it straight away my daughter left it on the floor and my wife went into the room this morning then moaned nobody cares because she has seen her card.

Just explain to her that 'Your a Man'😁  Or buy her a holiday, with a one way ticket!

1 hour ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

And do you wear the trousers in your house when she lets you?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I'm assuming your wife isn't the mother of your child? It rather sounds to me like it isn't christmas that is the cause of your wife unhappiness. 

Yup she is the mother. I'm slightly more easy going. In public and with her friends or company she is all sweetness but behind closed doors....

4 minutes ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

Yup she is the mother. I'm slightly more easy going. In public and with her friends or company she is all sweetness but behind closed doors....

Tell her if she don't like it she can leave 🙄😂

My GF went out and bought her own stocking fillers and smalls gifts, told me I just have to wrap them. I was a bit ashamed when she said, but she said how would I know what she wants? On the up side she went to visit her parents for the weekend and I got my mate to wrap them for me too 🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

Sounds like she has problems or does she have a problem with you?, if you have not already done so you need to confront her and ask her what the problem is, I bet your daughter is picking up the tension between you both.