F3

Hugh Allan

On 23/12/2018 at 08:51, Hugh Allan said:

My f3 transfers have fallen of my action what are blaser doing about this find it hard to get a direct contact with blaser 

If you can provide warranty details (not sure if warranty is transferable on Blaser - heard mixed messages on this) if you got it new - then go back there, same happened to me - it is a common fault Blaser know about but dodge it very wel l- you will get a fresh set of transfers or alternatively a close guarded secret is Mulliners will enamel it in a colour of your choice under warranty for free, once done that is irreversible. Myself if they come off, sorry when they do fall off I will leave them off till I get rid, which could be very soon as my first stock cracked, lacquer came off and the new stock is now doing the same along with 6 misfires in 150 shells (could be the cheddites who knows) - nice enginerring let down by rubbish woodwork, vorsprung kaput

Edited by InTheSticks

Been a lot of problems with Blasers lately. Ejectors wearing out prematurely and carts slipping past. 

Friend had a bit of  a ordeal getting his sorted as he was told the UK ran out of parts.

They make some very nice looking guns, just not the German engineering you expect.

Edited by figgy

First F3 had trouble with opening and the lock up bite. The insides were a problem on some guns too, usually all sorted under warranty.

Good looking guns and handle well but problems should have been sorted by now they have had entry of development time over the generations of the gun.

Some people don't seem to ever have a problem with theirs and others have too many, could be a batch thing on parts. 

Edited by figgy

my gun had a problem with discoloration on l/h side  of action about the size of your thumb . i bought it new problem came after about 12 weeks .it went back to blaser who had 16 weeks + .my gun shop and me got fed up seemed evasive ,turns out there doing a new coating on actions i talk to rob the director of blaser uk .had my gun returned so i can shoot it (love the feel and handling of the gun )  . hopefully all will be sorted in next few months and it will go back for new coating . he (rob )told me about the new coating and what it was called and all can remember is the new blacking is whats used on aeroplane propellers .