Plant iD

Wooder

Had a walk around today, unfortunately for me a farm I shoot regularly has put quite a few of its fields to grass for their sheep, as they had a major black grass problem. One of the newly sown grass fields has a lot of the plants pictured, yellow flower, it has rough prickly pointed leaves and a red stalk. 

IMG_20181223_112234484.jpg

Two possibles...as above possibly charlock ( Sinapsis arvensis)   or Jack- by- the- hedge  (Alliaria officinalis)  strange it has flowers because both flower May through the summer. The flowers of both are very similar. If there are seed pods that might help identify it better.

Edited by Walker570

49 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Two possibles...as above possibly charlock ( Sinapsis arvensis)   or Jack- by- the- hedge  (Alliaria officinalis)  strange it has flowers because both flower May through the summer. The flowers of both are very similar. If there are seed pods that might help identify it better.

Not until after the flowers!

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yeh Yeh Yeh !!!  I thought there might be some pods from previous flowers as both plants tend to progressively flower and set pods as they go on the same stem.. Strange there are flowers now if it is either of those two.

Charlock it is then. its so mild down this way I have a clematis in the garden with flowers on it.