Cens dx5 ProFlex review

www.sparky

Hi everyone, just thought of doing a review on my new cens as I get asked a lot, about what they are like and are they worth the money! 

First of all I do think hearing protection is very important, so I wear mine all the time shooting. I used to wear a cheap pair of electronic can but hated them when I mounted the gun as I felt they were in the way.

so first opening of the grey cardboard box,to reveille a black case with foam inside. Inside is a air puffer, 6 packets off battery’s, tube of gel, clip, neck loop and the CENS ProFlex dx5,

the dx5 comes with 5 setting Game, Clay, Comms,  Range, Hunter. Each setting has been adjusted to suit the kind of shooting you require. As I have found some of the setting are very close to each other but worth playing with to find ones that work for you the best. ( I use game,clay, comms) It’s worth noting that the neck loop only works in comms mode. Adjusting the volume is done with one  small switch and I found it a lot easier then the previous rotation switches on the other models. 

Out in the field the biggest problem I had to start with is when listening for birds, as I could hear them all round me and not pinpointing where they were but within four or times out I got hang of working out where the sound where coming from. As for the sound quality Its very impressive as you still can hear birds sing and dog ****!  The second problem I have and this no fault of the dx5 is that the mould becomes uncomfortable, but with just a pin head worth of the gel surplied in case is brilliant especially when on long days shooting, 

at this time I haven’t really had a go with the neck loop, as to review it, for those who are interested it has a standard headphone plug On it and you hear everything though the dx5.

i hope this has helped, 

many thanks 

Excellent and I am pleased for you. I am inclined to agree with what you say about the earlier models having their own individual volume controls. I have the earlier model, which thankfully are still working OK, BUT I tend to only use them for game shooting which is around 1 day per month, during the game season. I do hope you do not have any problems with yours, because it will cost almost what you paid for them,  to have them 'serviced'  !

7 minutes ago, Westley said:

Excellent and I am pleased for you. I am inclined to agree with what you say about the earlier models having their own individual volume controls. I have the earlier model, which thankfully are still working OK, BUT I tend to only use them for game shooting which is around 1 day per month, during the game season. I do hope you do not have any problems with yours, because it will cost almost what you paid for them,  to have them 'serviced'  !

Thanks for the heads up as I have a older set that I want to get serviced in the new year!!