Berreta ultralight gold or silver pigeon ?

Will 1994

I have Shot two friends ultralights and though I like Berettas I didn't like them. Some I know like them but I found they Kicked like a mule and jumped around in the hands. Just not as nice to shoot as other cheaper alloy action guns shoot  like the Yildiz.

The Beretta 687 Sil Pigs are very nice guns handle recoil better.

6 hours ago, figgy said:

I have Shot two friends ultralights and though I like Berettas I didn't like them. Some I know like them but I found they Kicked like a mule and jumped around in the hands. Just not as nice to shoot as other cheaper alloy action guns shoot  like the Yildiz.

The Beretta 687 Sil Pigs are very nice guns handle recoil better.

yeah i agreed with the 687 pidgen very good gun

Owned them both, depends what your use is? 

If you are using it for walked up days or walk1 stand1 days and if you are not built like Arnie then your body will thank you for the Ultralight. If you are clay shooting or are ferried to pegs by a Range Rover then the SilPig will be better. The ultralight was originally sold as the over And under that weighs the same as a side by side, and that is exactly what it does. Yes, fire big loads or lots of repetitive shots then it will hurt just as it would through a SBS. 

SilPigs are great guns and that’s all I currently own (20&28g). But if I were to have one O/U for game shooting then It would be the Ultralight. My mate bought mine 12yrs ago as he persuaded me to sell it to him, he still has it and loves it.

Edited by The Burpster

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I don’t get on with Berettas but a mate has the ultra light with one of those ‘kick off’ or ‘kick eeze’ butt pads. He’s been using it for years and really likes it. 

Actually that’s a very good point, the 2 Ultralights I owned I put Beretta Gel-Tek pads on and this does make a huge difference to the felt recoil. But then it also makes a proportional difference on the SilPigs as I have them on those.......