Non payment of overtime hours

foxnet22

10 minutes ago, foxnet22 said:

And what do I do if it is proved someone did deliberately change it .and yes I would be that employee after all I done my bit by giving up a week of my time to do them a favour as no one else would. This is not the first time this as happened with this company hence why they struggle to get people to do emergency call outs .all I wanted was my pay and as soon as I get I'm on my way.this won't happen  again with me .but would like to confront  managenent with a bit know how about the matter. Thanks for all replies chaps.

1) If someone has changed your time sheet on purpose, what do they have to gain from it? 

2) If it has happened, regardless of why, your company HR will (or should) sort it out.

3) HR will also sort out getting you the money that you are rightfully owed.

4) If you shout at the HR people, who may be entirely innocent of any wrong-doing, "sorting out" the error may take months rather than a couple of days.

5) My suggestions are not to patronise you. Someone posted just the other day that they have a disagreement with their GP re paying a fee and swore at the GP, next thing they had their shotgun certificate revoked.

If you really do want to go in ranting and raving then crack on, you will look silly, may get yourself into bother, and it won't help the situation in anyway. 

Even if the chief of the company has defrauded you on purpose, you're better off keeping a cool head and sorting it out through the correct channels. 

Foul-ups occur in even the most well-run company, and in my experience, after a polite query, payroll administrators will usually sort things out asap.

Is 10 shifts overtime an exceptional number in your company? Perhaps the payroll  administrator thought that they were correcting your error!

If the missing sum is large enough and it is the administrator's FU, then your management may well be open to a polite request for a special quick payment.

Edited by amateur

agree with the above, stay reasonable and you should get it sorted. are you a union member?  if so ask your rep to do the digging. you could ask for loss of interest they wont like it costing them more! there must be a record of what shifts you have worked somewhere, get hold of that so you can have all your facts in place before the challenge is made.

good luck