Christmas Greed

ph5172

Finished shift and noticed Lidl was open so as we were caught in the great Asda pre order half your items are out of stock or substituted I thought I would pop in and get a few bits (probably in hindsight the way we should have done it originally) 

anyhow the staff member said I have just reduced the seasonal produce to £2 - full turkey, crowns, salmon, beef the lot. 

Luckily we have a turkey (substitute for a crown from Asda that we kept as a load of people had nothing) so I thought I would see if I could pick up a crown then give the turkey to someone who needed it

i get there and a woman had loaded 10 turkey crowns, 15 large turkeys and as much salmon that would fit under the trolley basically wiping out the fridge. 

I said are you having all those I said..... yes I have a big family. Judging by the feed numbers on the products her family must be 300plus

Is it me being unreasonable. 1 or 2 I can understand but 25 turkey products along with probably 20 or so salmon.  Fair play they were £2 but morally I don’t think I could have done it. 

Chances are they will be on things for sale later 

19 minutes ago, walshie said:

I'm surprised Lidl allowed it, but then they want to get rid of it.  That stuff will be worth a fortune after the shops shut tonight. 

I would like to think the store manager would apply the law of reasonability 

im sure they would all sell

People, it never ceases to amaze me how people act today, no respect for anyone or anything (apart from their iphone) most seem totally selfish, me, me, me.

We do some of our shopping at Aldi, walking up and down the aisle the amount of chilled and frozen stuff I see dumped anywhere by people who decide they don’t want it, go put it back where you got it from :mad:

Mentioned this once to the girl on the checkout, she said they have to throw away thousands of pound worth of food because of this.   

Not a new thing...I had an aquaintance who would check out Morrisons in particular for beer prices, baked beans you name it and any half price offers he would fill a trolley. NOW, one side of me says, "Yes, good deal, go for it"   but the other half of me is with most of you ..give someine else a chance.    I will admit , had I seen that offer I would have had three or four items away for the freezer. Crazy not to.

29 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I wonder what people would say if your local gun shop had a one day offer on cartridges first come first served i expect most would only a few boxes so others could have some LIKE ;;;; you would take as many as you could carry if the offer was there and you was to late so be it

Yes but if those cartridges had to be stored in say a safe (in place of a freezer) and used within a week you physically wouldn’t be able to store or use 20 000 cartridges (turkeys) unless you were going to offload them quickly 

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

I love a bargain but that is just a **** take, probably all up for sale on Facebook 

Just to add, I'd probably have taken one out of her trolley 🙄 

I would of had one out of her trolley and probably replaced it with something else in way of compensation! 😉

My wife hates shopping with me for some reason🤔

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

Yes but if those cartridges had to be stored in say a safe (in place of a freezer) and used within a week you physically wouldn’t be able to store or use 20 000 cartridges (turkeys) unless you were going to offload them quickly 

Why have they got to be used in a week yes it is greedy but that is human nature if it there they will take it

One of my pet hates is women who leave their trolleys blocking an aisle while they wander off and yak to friends or compare identical tins of beans.

That is an invitation to me to push their trolley round the corner and chuck loads of extras in. It's great if they're near the medical stuff, they often don't realize they've got £50 of condoms on board until they get to a till.

27 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Why have they got to be used in a week yes it is greedy but that is human nature if it there they will take it

For the amount there was there is no way it would have gone in a big chest freezer and most of them were short dated according to someone who was also questioning why they needed 25 turkeys 

couple that with the salmon. 

Hopefully it will get used but again I can’t see why you would want to take them all because they were cheap. If they were half price I very much doubt she would have bought 1 

Similar happened to me in Tesco a few years back. I was waiting patiently for the lass reducing the king prawns. There was an awful lot. I waited for her as not to annoy her or fluster her! The moment she put the last pack in the tray, I kid you not! A Chinese woman picked up the tray and poured the whole lot in her trolley! I was gobsmacked, and the poor lass said to me “if you want I will get you a pack back from her!” I just said rather loudly “it’s fine, I hope she chokes on them! Then another customer said she is renowned for it. 

Edited by Lord Geordie

A few years ago i saw a fight in asda when meat was reduced on xmas eve. It was obvious that people were waiting for it to be marked down, one guy pushed as much as he could into a trolly and another guy was taking it out of his trolly. They ended up in a right scuffle...all for a quid off a piece of steak!!

But geeed and stupidity seem to be in abundancd at xmas. Saw an old lady load up with 36 pints of milk as the shops would be closed for at least a day!!