Christmas Greed

ph5172

1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

I took the kids and grandkids to a buffet style all you can eat breakfast this morning and the (generally fat) people who waddled past us with mount Vesuvius loaded up on their plates was an embarrassment, even more so when they leave half of it!

The place I used to work at had our Christmas meal in the summer as Christmas was a busy time for most of the staff. We once went to an all you can eat chines  places, they thought they where on to a winner when about a dozen girls turned up and just 4 blokes. What they didn't know was that it was 4 blokes that had lived on a couple of sandwiches and a packet of crisp for about 2 weeks well harvesting! Fare play the owner of the place he said he had never seen 4 blokes eat so much food got us all a drink and said never come back again! 😀

Trust me 28 years in a butchers shop I've seen it all, ill keep this post brief until I've finished my chilli.

But here a few,

Being asked to weigh the large pork pies to get the biggest. 

Customers complaining that the long legged turkey was less weight than they paid for.

Customers winning because the piece of beef was not big enough, it was probably, as in most cases 50p too small. But £1.50 more than ordered would be far far too big. 

The 4lb Duckling was not big enough for a family of 5 or 6...

There's more,

Fighting over a 50p bag of bacon bits, i dont mean punches being thrown, funnier than that, women trying to swing hand bags over heads in a shoulder to shoulder packed shop. I was laughing my head off in disbelief. 

A little black lady about the size of Dobby pulling at my white coat sleve as i tried to escape the bedlam for a 20 minute break, demanding I serve her the only remianing joint of beef in the universe. 

Being asked if I could make a load of pigs in blankets, on Christms eve in the heat of rush hour, I gave a quick demo on how to twist a couple of chipolates, but was moaned at because I didn't have time to make 50. 

Selling out of Turkey's as your scrubbing down at 16.00 after just doing a heavy stint of 14+ hours days and as usual 6 days a week for the last month and a half. 

I really don't miss this time of the year in retail. 

Edited by Dougy

3 hours ago, timmytree said:

One of my pet hates is women who leave their trolleys blocking an aisle while they wander off and yak to friends or compare identical tins of beans.

That is an invitation to me to push their trolley round the corner and chuck loads of extras in. It's great if they're near the medical stuff, they often don't realize they've got £50 of condoms on board until they get to a till.

lol Must remember that one. :good:

3 hours ago, timmytree said:

One of my pet hates is women who leave their trolleys blocking an aisle while they wander off and yak to friends or compare identical tins of beans.

That is an invitation to me to push their trolley round the corner and chuck loads of extras in. It's great if they're near the medical stuff, they often don't realize they've got £50 of condoms on board until they get to a till.

My trick was to drop loss of tampons nd tena ladys in people's trollys, still do it now nd again when I get my silly head on. Lol

My mrs had a woman smash her trolley into the push chair with my 8 month old in it a few days back. She admitted it was on purpose ??? . The woman was in her 70’s and it was only over my mrs asking to move her trolley over to get past. My mrs is a calm lovely woman as a few on here know. 

My mrs has been assaulted many times working in ALDI . Punched , slapped etc . She always just stays there and not retaliate. Might get a shock next time now she’s a warrant card. 

Edited by team tractor

Doesn’t only happen at Xmas. A few years ago I was in a small store that closed at 11pm around 10.50pm. At the ‘oops’ isle there was 3 (4) of us. I was waiting on offal for the dog. 

Old lady

me

young couple. 

Old lady just waited (and I observed), they grabbed everything, when the offal came up, no one wanted it. After that, I helped the old lady to whatever she wanted, the young couple got the leftovers. (There was initially some grabbing, the strong verbal warning worked).  

The result; a happy senior citizen.