Shooting/outdoor trousers

Harry Callahan

Been looking at some of these - Seeland, Percussion, Jack Pyke etc. Some look good at reasonable prices. Wanted for general shooting and maybe a bit of hiking/hill walking...

I'm not really interested in which are best, BUT I can find very little info on sizings - especially leg length. I'm 6'1" tall with a 32"-33" waist and I take a 33"-34" inside leg.

Doesanyone have any pairs, and can anyone give me helpful advice about sizes?

Just bought a pair of percussion trousers. Im built almost identical to you and the sizing is either 33" waist or 35" im a comfortable 34" in all trousers. So i plumped for the 33". Bit optomistic! Anyway tgey didnt fit. Too tight in the legs. One pair returned and the 35" pair as the replacement. Now i need a belt but i have much more room. Dont kid yourself as i did. By the larger size.

16 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

Really like my deerhunter highland trouser 

14 hours ago, Dazza9t9 said:

Sportsman gun centre have a browning sale on at the moment. I got a brilliant pair for £30 reduced from £100. I wore them duck flighting and rabbit shooting this week and they were great, highly recommend 

Aye, but what's the leg lengths like?

Merry Christmas folks! Hope it's a good day for all.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this...

Was doing some shopping today and ended up in a Decathlon store. They've got a shooting/hunting section and sell these types of trousers (along with matching jackets, just like the big brands) but a name I've never heard of - Solognac.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-310094-shooting-trousers-and-shorts

Bought 2 different pairs.

There is only 1 leg length and the waist is just Small-XXLarge with not much reference as to what each size fits... tried on a Medium and it fits my 32ish inch waist well and the leg length must be around 33-34inches so I'm happy.

Currently wearing the ones listed at £19.99 and am liking them so far. The other pair I bought are the top end £64 ones... you'd pay an awful lot more for big brands made to the same standard. Looking forward to getting out in them

Edited by Harry Callahan