Weather Wise .. A Superb Christmas Morning

marsh man

Morning All ..... Hope you are all keeping well and are pleased with what Santa have left you :yay:

The weather forecast last night was for a dull misty morning , well for getting out and about it couldn't had been further from the truth , it might not had been a White Christmas as far as snow is concerned but this morning when I took my dog out everywhere down the marsh looked lovely and as White as snow , the ground underfoot was rock hard , the sun was coming up and the air was crystal clear .

A perfect day to clear your head and to get a appetite for your dinner.

What is it like in your neck of the woods ??

It has been a damp dreary day here in Middle England so spent an hour spin finishing 150 410 shells for use in January ...hopefully and went round the traps but nothing there, topped up all the peanut feeders (10) round the wood, all empty. The small birds have been seriously hungry this last week so natural food must be running low, even had a woodpecker on the feeder by the kitchen window, stuffing peanuts down as fast as woodpeckers can.  I can smell something nice emanating from the kitchen as we are eating our Christmas meal late and cracked a pile of walnits earlier to go in the crumble on top of some Bramley apples I picked off the floor under the tree this morning, super ripe amd in perfect condition.  Picked a bucket full to use as muntie bait.  Out in the morning to add a few more tree rats to the annual total hopefuly and a short half day shoot on Friday for a pheasant or two.

Hope the coming New Year is good to y'alllll, the end of game bird season is nie but then of course the real shooting starts with pigeon flighting in Feb and March.

All the very best....