Queens Speech

Stonepark

dont know about the queens speech ....but the Xmas carols at Kings was total rubbish........the master of 30 odd years is finishing today ...so he thought he would surpass himself and do some special arrangements.....quite frankley i think he he is so far up his rear end he has lost sight of what the original carols sounded like

if it aint broke ...dont fix it.........

Just now, ditchman said:

dont know about the queens speech ....but the Xmas carols at Kings was total rubbish........the master of 30 odd years is finishing today ...so he thought he would surpass himself and do some special arrangements.....quite frankley i think he he is so far up his rear end he has lost sight of what the original carols sounded like

Quite right too, I used to love carol singing as kids. We used to do it from a tractor and trailer going all round the village. It always seemed to be dry and frosty!

Great when we got to the biggest farm and got mince pies and cocoa.

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Suffolkstan and Norfolkstan agree on this one ditchman.   Didn't like the arrangements at all.

13 hours ago, timmytree said:

Quite right too, I used to love carol singing as kids. We used to do it from a tractor and trailer going all round the village. It always seemed to be dry and frosty!

Great when we got to the biggest farm and got mince pies and cocoa.

What happened to all those Xmas stockings we used to see in the shops netting like full of sweets and goodies?

19 hours ago, ditchman said:

I hate to disagree with you, but descants usually contain a choirmaster's personal touches. 

I thought that it was a good rendering by an excellent choir.

1 hour ago, amateur said:

I hate to disagree with you, but descants usually contain a choirmaster's personal touches. 

I thought that it was a good rendering by an excellent choir.

dont get me wrong....but that is excactly what im talking about.........as this was the choir masters last time after 30 odd years he thought he would go overboard.........and he did ...what he did was very clever with the descants............in my ears it was just too much......

Kings is all about Christmas Carols.......that were written for the masses and to be sung by the masses and by the chroirs.....nicely.........maybe they will revert to what it should be next year....i just hope this is not an awful arty farty trend that has started and will continue......cause if it is they ...are far as im concerned can stuff it..........it seems that they are doing it more for themselves and the well educated and interletuals than the prolerteariat..(the masses)...........

Corbyn is a career politician, that hates career politicians.

He is also rich, but hates the rich. 

He's an 'elite', but he hates the 'elites'

Do you see a pattern.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World he didn't exist! (Not sure if it is a bible quote, but it is a quote from The Usual Suspects.)

He wants the redistribution of wealth, just NOT his!

Edited by Newbie to this

7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Lol 😂,he’s another bloody idiot 

i see you 👀 have judged me to be a labour fan,quite typical and sooo wrong 

Didn't judge you as a supporter of any political party, was judging your comment as been very corbynesque almost as if the man himself had said it.

11 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Didn't judge you as a supporter of any political party, was judging your comment as been very corbynesque almost as if the man himself had said it.

To be fair I’ve been saying it for years,it’s possibly passed most people’s lips at one time or another 

i don’t think he would say that as he is one for himself in my opinion 

it was just my opinion on the post title, just find it ironic and wrong that people are on the street some of which have served her and country are left to rot basically while they’re giving out speeches from a far more comfortable life/home

Edited by Surfer

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

To be fair I’ve been saying it for years,it’s possibly passed most people’s lips at one time or another 

i don’t think he would say that as he is one for himself in my opinion 

it was just my opinion on the post title, just find it ironic and wrong that people are on the street some of which have served her and country are left to rot basically while they’re giving out speeches from a far more comfortable life/home

This is getting too deep...but its the same the world over, democracy, monarchy, dictatorship, military rule, communism etc...those at the top always do ok!