Sign in to follow this  
davewh100

17 hmr

good evening all looking for some recommendations on a 17 hmr my ticket should be back with the  variation, was thinking of ck with a synthetic stock not wanting to spend mutch over £500 mark 

thanks in advance

I have the cz with grey laminate stock and fluted barrel , great gun had trigger kit fitted ,no complaints at all

3 minutes ago, telf said:

I have the cz with grey laminate stock and fluted barrel , great gun had trigger kit fitted ,no complaints at all

is that the 455

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

is that the 455

Certainly is my friend , you wont be disapointed with a cz

26 minutes ago, telf said:

Certainly is my friend , you wont be disapointed with a cz

yeah i have the cz 452  in 22lr and iv ad the cz 455 laminate in 22lr found it heavy tho was ok for bench 

I got a brand new CZ452 silhouette, SAK mod, 3-9X40 scope and mounts and a box of bullets and got it all assembled and bore scoped so all I had to do was tiny adjustment to zero perfectly. That was £400 from Morgan’s in Oswestry and they aren’t the cheapest or at least weren’t last time I was there but they were very nice to deal with and very helpful. I haven’t used it in s while because I’m short of rabbits but like Walker mine is more accurate than me! 

39 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I got a brand new CZ452 silhouette, SAK mod, 3-9X40 scope and mounts and a box of bullets and got it all assembled and bore scoped so all I had to do was tiny adjustment to zero perfectly. That was £400 from Morgan’s in Oswestry and they aren’t the cheapest or at least weren’t last time I was there but they were very nice to deal with and very helpful. I haven’t used it in s while because I’m short of rabbits but like Walker mine is more accurate than me! 

how do you find the sak mod i have one one the 452 it's very good

To be fair I’ve never bever shot it without the mod but it’s not terribly loud. The real noise comes from the bullet going supersonic. But I found unless you’re shooting at very weary bunnies they can often ignore the crack until they realise their mates are falling over. 

For field work (and that's what the HMR is all about) there isn't anything worth talking about between all the well known brands, so save your money and invest in a CZ.

Accurate, reliable, workhorse!

:good:

6 hours ago, davewh100 said:

how do you find the sak mod i have one one the 452 it's very good

I have a SAK on both of my .22lrs and my WMR, and when the Sirocco SM11 dies on my HMR that will get a SAK as well!

5 hours ago, Dekers said:

I have a SAK on both of my .22lrs and my WMR, and when the Sirocco SM11 dies on my HMR that will get a SAK as well!

thanks for that Dekers should have my ticket back first week in January so will be shopping :good:

51 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

well my ticket dropped on the door mat yesterday so looks like a shopping trip is in order 17 hmr 223 happy days :good:

The temptation is to just go out and spend, make sure you get what you want, not simply the first thing that comes to hand! :good:

Edited by Dekers

12 hours ago, fister said:

I have shot and reviewed them all. The Tikka T1x is the only one I would buy, it’s close to perfect.

yeah the T1x gets very good reviews will take a look

12 hours ago, fister said:

I have shot and reviewed them all. The Tikka T1x is the only one I would buy, it’s close to perfect.

thats why i bought one:yes: great reviews aswell:good:

On 29/12/2018 at 08:59, fister said:

well purchase the tx1 yesterday and the wildcat panther 17 hmr mod very pleased with the gun, thanks fister for your input mutch appreciate

just need to sort my 223 out now my mate purchased the tikka t3 this also looks a lovely gun

dave