ROTARY or FLAPPER ?

Guerini Guy

Apologies if this has already been done to death, but couldn't see anything on a very brief search.

I have a Rotary with which I have seen various effects on pigeons, from absolutely  brilliant to scaring every pigeon in the entire county of Essex. And from what I read it seems that most people encounter the same extremes of pigeon behaviour to that piece of kit.

I do also have some Bouncers, but have not yet invested in a Flapper.

From those who may own, or at least have used, both, I would be interested to hear whether you believe one has a better effect than the other ?

Cheers

I prefer rotarys but sometimes they do scare things off and a flapper can be useful to swap with the rotary. They are also very light in comparison and make it easier carrying things. I have both but use the rotary most. 

If your in the right place ie where the birds want to be then a flapper can be deadly but I find it can't pull them quite like a rotary. 

I Have used a rotary and 2 flappers at times and a cpl of peckers on the shells, but never felt the need for 2 rotarys, I usually try to watch and see/feel how the birds are acting on the day ( I dont mean romeo or juliet act) add that to old age and most of my shoots are walking to the set I take as little as I can.

Both work very good on there day if i had to chose 1 for the rest of my shooting life I would go for the FF5 flapper .It's All down to personsl choice really .

I have had some fantastic days using both at the same time and days when one or the other works just as well .If they are flaring at the magnet I take it in and just use the flapper and

to be honest the flapper has never let me down either on stubbles or standing crops.