Need a new truck

Harnser

The lease on my l200 ends in a couple months and I need to buy a new truck . I was going to lease an other one but have decided to buy one instead . My last truck was a Navarra which I rated very highly .very well made and very powerful with lots of toys . Been looking at the Ford ranger 2012 plate onwards . They look a nice truck ,any body drive one . Would certainly look at another l200 . 

Harnser

I heard a lot of  bad stories about the Ranger engine, and a friend of mine has one which spent half it's life in bits at the dealer. 

My 14 plate Hilux never seems under powered when towing 2t of water round the shoot and is comfortable over longer journeys. You will pay more for it initially but they hold a  better resale value. I like the Dmax, but couldn't find one when I was looking, we have test driven them as work trucks and they seemed nice. A friend who had Toyota for years has now gone to the Amarok and really rates it. 

7 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Presumably the front end remained attached to the back end during your ownership?

Never had a problem with mine . But mine wasn’t one of the models that had rot in the chassis . Best driving of the pick ups and loads of power . Now thinking of getting another. 20 thousand mile service interval as against the l200 nine thousand mile . 

Harnser

Edited by Harnser

Pretty sure the L200 is a 12,000 mile service interval now.

Just bought a L200 and had the back Line-X'd.  Had it out on the plough on the last shoot before Christmas, horizontal sleet and water running off the fields in rivers.  Handled our clay like a pro. on the factory (Duellers) tyres  No complaints.

I also like the fact that the factory seat covers fit like a glove - unlike the Shogun's.

1 hour ago, LeadWasp said:

Pretty sure the L200 is a 12,000 mile service interval now.

Just bought a L200 and had the back Line-X'd.  Had it out on the plough on the last shoot before Christmas, horizontal sleet and water running off the fields in rivers.  Handled our clay like a pro. on the factory (Duellers) tyres  No complaints.

I also like the fact that the factory seat covers fit like a glove - unlike the Shogun's.

No it’s 9,000 miles .unless they have changed it on the mark 5 . Mine is a 15 plate mark 4 

harnser

Edited by Harnser

The fords have all the bells and whistles which I was quite impressed with, but I decided to go invincible again. Plain and simply because the last one I had never missed a beat, wasn't too bothered about the drop in engine size ( I had the last 3ltr, Feb 16) they ain't gonna be going round a race track. 

ive got a nissan but its 12 years old but she must of been some truck in her day its still got loads of extras , the son drives a 66 plate ford ranger and rates that but he bought a back put new tyres on it but its some machine its like sitting in the captains chair on the starship enterprise , Then i drive a L200 at work and its **** the boss must of asked for a basic model then said i will have the one below that . Theres no reversing camera or sensors its like travelling in a cement mixer with a load of bricks  going over a speed bump at 20mph is bloody uncomfortable 

if i need a new truck i would look at the navara 

19 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

I loved my Navara i'd have another tomorow. Wish i'd never sold it but i did.

I might get another one. This time auto gear box and something that didn't **** water in the back. Good luck Mick you'll find the right thing for you.  

There you go nige. I told you not to sell it . 

Harnser

Had a new l200 barbarian for a week now and it is very nice. Work have supplied it but it’s definitely an upgrade on the series 4. I had the option of whatever I liked to tried the rest and this is slightly smaller than most and turning circle etc is pretty impressive for its size.  Goes well and is pretty refined for a pickup. The best advice is to go out and test drive them and see what deals can be done.  With lid and tow bar etc the list on this is 33k so getting a decent discount is always good! As said service intervals are 12500 or yearly

Edited by al4x