Vegans

ShootingEgg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46695991

Banned from a pub that hosted the hunt. They've got upset, yet a few weeks ago a group of vegans stood in the meat isle at a supermarket and called someone intellectually baron. And in a steak restaurant calling people out for eating meat. 

Seem to want it all ways.. 

Edited by ShootingEgg

I've got no problem with what the anemic want to eat, but anybody with sense will see they closed the doors as you would for any other function. Vegans as a rule are very opinionated and 9/10 would cause trouble at a meet like that so why not keep them out. Just the media loves **** like this. 

We've a woman who walks around our bypass with billboards on calling all meat eaters murderers. It does brighten my day to drive past and see her in her knee high leather boots. 

I best slow down on the sloe gin or I'll start ranting badly. 

Yes, seemingly vegans, saboteurs and antis et al, can take direct action against anyone who acts contrary to their extreme views, but we can't take direct action in support/defence of our lawful activities!...if the authorities refuse to protect the law abiding from abuse, threats, intimidation and physical violence, then surely one has the right to try to protect one-selves, ones companions and ones property from the above?

Edited by panoma1

Its a hard left scam, a woman on the radio who's 14 year old daughter signed up to an innocent looking vegan "recipe" website saw the daughter bombarded with heavy and violent political brainwashing emails inviting her to attack all sorts of people who worked for pharmaceutical companies etc Names and addresses provided. Along the lines of if you live near these people go and let their tyres down or put a brick through their window.

These are not people whose principal interest is healthy eating.

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

I've got no problem with what the anemic want to eat, but anybody with sense will see they closed the doors as you would for any other function. Vegans as a rule are very opinionated and 9/10 would cause trouble at a meet like that so why not keep them out. Just the media loves **** like this. 

We've a woman who walks around our bypass with billboards on calling all meat eaters murderers. It does brighten my day to drive past and see her in her knee high leather boots. 

I best slow down on the sloe gin or I'll start ranting badly. 

it's Christmas let your hair down, i love it wen my mate starts sending emails to the angling club after he's had at least 10 or so gins at mid night takes me at least 5 reads to work out what they say

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

My understanding was that Licensed Premises Landlords were entitled to turn away anyone they didn't want to serve.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6534977/Pub-apologises-suspends-staff-sign-banning-saboteurs-vegans.html

Clearly their brewery doesn't agree.

That's probably legally correct.

A Public House can refuse to serve anyone but they can't deny access or ask people to leave unless they are committing an offence. Its an archaic law that goes back to the old definition of 'public' in the name public house. It comes up most often when people want to use the toilets without buying a drink, the pub can't refuse them.

By that definition a pub can't really put on doormen to filter out the patrons but obviously they do in city centres Friday and Saturday  

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

That's probably legally correct.

A Public House can refuse to serve anyone but they can't deny access or ask people to leave unless they are committing an offence. Its an archaic law that goes back to the old definition of 'public' in the name public house. It comes up most often when people want to use the toilets without buying a drink, the pub can't refuse them.

By that definition a pub can't really put on doormen to filter out the patrons but obviously they do in city centres Friday and Saturday  

bang on Vince,  the turning away from a night club was down to the regression of the door team wasn't allways appreciated tho 

Hi all, this is a topic that annoy's us greatly..so what I did is i went on vegan forums for a butchers..err excuse the pun..a look at what these people are about and not just what I see in the news and papers.  Well what I read was very interesting, many vegans have made the decision not to eat meat , they do not want to bother meat eaters or force their opinions down our throats and generally get on with life..their way.  What they do not like is the extremist vegan tit going out and being a pain in the ar## and given all of them a bad name and making enemies of us who do eat meat.  They do not like extreme vegans given their pets ..cats and dogs vegan pet foods  which cause their pets internal health problems nearly to the point of dying and then being told by vets ..give them meat based foods.

The extremist vegans are under verbal attack from their own kind on their forums to wise up and stop making their lifestyle a target, they have also mentioned what would happen if the meat eaters started marching into vegan eating places and shouting at them ..its works both ways.  This did surprise me I thought they were all the same..it seems they are not.

MM

Edited by madmax666

On 27/12/2018 at 20:44, Vince Green said:

Its a hard left scam, a woman on the radio who's 14 year old daughter signed up to an innocent looking vegan "recipe" website saw the daughter bombarded with heavy and violent political brainwashing emails inviting her to attack all sorts of people who worked for pharmaceutical companies etc Names and addresses provided. Along the lines of if you live near these people go and let their tyres down or put a brick through their window.

These are not people whose principal interest is healthy eating.

It is to be hoped, although not likely that this information was passed to the police?

On 28/12/2018 at 10:50, ditchman said:

VEGAN......dont make me larf......try going gluten free.............

vegan's are a bunch of pussies...

They are generally of left wing politics with a hidden agenda of anarchism. Don’t let them stop you having your fish and chips on a Friday night simon ,if that happens then we will know that the world is doomed . Just a bunch of nobody’s .

harnser

One of my customers posted the sign outside said pub, on Facebook. I had to resist due to customer relations, but thought about saying I was unable to visit the pub or time to comment as I was out pigeon shooting.

Vegans or religion or what ever, I have no problem with peoples views, it's when they start forcing it on others, especially in a possibly violent manner, that it becomes offensive and intolerable. As humans we are meat eaters and as long as the animals that are produced for us, have as good a life and death, as possible, then that's what is important. 

22 hours ago, madmax666 said:

Hi all, this is a topic that annoy's us greatly..so what I did is i went on vegan forums for a butchers..err excuse the pun..a look at what these people are about and not just what I see in the news and papers.  Well what I read was very interesting, many vegans have made the decision not to eat meat , they do not want to bother meat eaters or force their opinions down our throats and generally get on with life..their way.  What they do not like is the extremist vegan tit going out and being a pain in the ar## and given all of them a bad name and making enemies of us who do eat meat.  They do not like extreme vegans given their pets ..cats and dogs vegan pet foods  which cause their pets internal health problems nearly to the point of dying and then being told by vets ..give them meat based foods.

The extremist vegans are under verbal attack from their own kind on their forums to wise up and stop making their lifestyle a target, they have also mentioned what would happen if the meat eaters started marching into vegan eating places and shouting at them ..its works both ways.  This did surprise me I thought they were all the same..it seems they are not.

MM

Good post.

I'm very much of the opinion people should live and let live, branding all vegans the same is no better than branding all shooters like Thomas Hamilton, there's always going to be extremists in life, whatever their beliefs.

32 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Well I work with 3 vegans and none are like the vegans people on here describe.

I've just sent of my SGC/FAC renewal and my reference is a vegan.

I know quite a few veggies, none of whom have ever expressed a dislike for what I do, but I know only one vegan and she is a lovely woman. As far as I’m aware her husband and two sons are meat eaters.