myhermes

mick miller

A word to the wise, never use these guys for your post. This is the third time in a row that this has happened so not an isolated case by any means. If you are a retailer wishing to save a few quid on postage, don't. Customers won't thank you for it. Had I realised the seller was going to use these clowns I would have stumped up the additional fiver to use anyone else. To give more insight on my ramblings, this item was actually collected on the 4th of December. See the attached image to witness the creative tracking history.

23 days and I'm right back to square one. I particularly like the entries for the 23rd and 24th....

Screenshot 2018-12-27 at 22.57.51.png

Edited by mick miller

This is true, the lady that covers weekdays is somewhat reliable, however weekends are covered by whomever they can find. Here the problems arise. Once there is a missed delivery the depot staff appear unable to cope, customer support is based in Mumbai and the whole thing falls apart. 

Edited by mick miller

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

So much depends on the final delivery stage.  We used to have someone who was quite good, but sometimes late ............ then went to someone totally useless, and loads of problems .......... and now have a very nice helpful lady, and no problems.  Long may she remain.

I found this too! The woman who used to courier to us was ******* useless, late deliveries, didn't pick up when supposed to, surly, dumped parcels anywhere! The guy that does it now is fine no complaints from me since he took over!

Just had the same problem with them.

Ordered a jacket from Amazon.

Kept getting emails from Hermes saying they had tried to deliver but no one at home.

My wife is disabled and there is always me or her carer here with her...  H24.

When it eventually arrived the guy said there was no way it had been out to our house before because he always does this area.

Liars and clowns.

Well it is Christmas.

I have used them a few times - no problem, but recently had a brand new MAC Tools 1/4 flexi ratchet stolen by them. A hole had been cut - quite neatly - and the contents extracted from the very well packed parcel. It was insured and I got my money back rapidly, but it leaves a sour taste.

Knowing what I know about Royal Mail / Post Office, I wouldn't trust them with  brass washer. You take a chance with any courier.

As has already been said - Hermes succeeds or fails at the behest of the local delivery agent. We have a superb local delivery agent who is polite, honest and reliable. She knows her customers and knows their preferences. I've never had a problem with them, except the inaccuracy of their tracking information which is often completely out of synch!

The last 48 hour delivery from "my herpes" took 6 days and theyve even launched a table over our back fence damaging the table and the ornaments it landed on.Then were refusing to pay compo as the lying driver said he hadnt .As muggins here photoed it in situ in its landing zone after much arguing from us and lying from him Next made them cough up .

Not allowed to put what i think of the charlatans on here but it involves a lot of French expletives 

Hermes and Yodel use casual drivers to deliver their parcels, housewives and retired people out to earn a few extra pounds using their own cars, they can be good or bad, nobody really cares they are not employees, they are not even on zero hours contracts, they get 40p a parcel and are 'supposedly' self employed but I doubt many have ever registered with HMRC. Just like I don't suppose many have told their insurers they are using the vehicles to deliver parcels.

Welcome to the real world, this is the Gig economy  

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Hermes and Yodel use casual drivers to deliver their parcels, housewives and retired people out to earn a few extra pounds using their own cars, they can be good or bad, nobody really cares they are not employees, they are not even on zero hours contracts, they get 40p a parcel and are 'supposedly' self employed but I doubt many have ever registered with HMRC. Just like I don't suppose many have told their insurers they are using the vehicles to deliver parcels.

Welcome to the real world, this is the Gig economy  

There's a doley couple up the road from me that deliver for myhermes and they're the the most idle pair I've ever had the misfortune to meet. I wouldn't trust them with a goldfish and if they pay any tax I'm a Norwegian herring fisherman!

23 hours ago, novice cushie shooter said:

I have never had any issues until i ordered a shirt from tk maxx on 21st dec. Still waiting... 

Can beat that ordered some jogging bottoms for grandson 18/11 still waiting delivery... went onto there tracking site and low and behold they were delivered and signed for on 21 /11 at 11.35am 

funny that as i was in James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough from 9-30am that morning and didn't get back home till after 1-30pm checked with all neighbours no one had taken a parcel in and there was no card through the door..

Sadly, the idea that because there is a signature delivery must have been made is a nonsense.  The driver signs something illegible - and that counts as delivered.  I have had parcels delivered to my neighbour and my own house when we have all been out - signed for - but name illegible, but nothing like either theirs or mine.  None of us actually signed.

The ones that show a photo of 'where delivered' are better.

Edited by JohnfromUK

There is another explanation, when you look at where I live in NW London. Within the HA postcode district there are three The Chases, three The Avenues, two The Drives, two Parkways, two Greenways, several Broadways. Numerous roads starting the word Elm, and multiple other duplications. We live at 4 XXXX Court, lots of our stuff goes to 4 XXXX Way and vice versa.

My uncle and aunt live in Church Ave, they get taxis and pizzas turning up for them all the time. There is another Church Ave about 3 miles away

A professional postman can sort these things out but a low grade van driver for whom English isn't his first language and doesn't know the area isn't going to know. 

On 29/12/2018 at 10:29, hawkeye said:

Can beat that ordered some jogging bottoms for grandson 18/11 still waiting delivery... went onto there tracking site and low and behold they were delivered and signed for on 21 /11 at 11.35am 

funny that as i was in James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough from 9-30am that morning and didn't get back home till after 1-30pm checked with all neighbours no one had taken a parcel in and there was no card through the door..

Did you get anywhere with customer services? Must have the proof of signature? 

No my contract was with sports direct who i bought from, The courier that was there problem.

I ended up going to the local shopping centre and went in and spoke to the manager and told him i could not seem to get to speak to people he got straight on the phone and sorted by the time i got home there was a letter of apology , and also a legal letter that i had to printout sign and then scan and send back to them..

Since then had another e-mail saying they were getting nowhere with the courier and i could have full refund or another parcel as i was my grandsons xmas present ( one of many ) i opted for another parcel just means when it gets here i will have to repackage and post to Oslo in Norway..