myhermes

mick miller

Before Xmas I ordered some clothing from Jacamo, unfortunately for me they use Hermes to make thier deliveries. I had an email saying my goods would be delivered on a particular day I watched out for the driver all day " I have a shop front to my business " NO Delivery. I checked my email to see if there had been a change of delivery time only to find that the courier had marked my delivery as an attempted delivery but no one was in, Will attempt delivery again tomorrow. " My business has a shop front and is manned all day throughout the week ". Well next day same thing and the next day. Following day after I had complained using resolver I had an email message just as I was closing up shop for Xmas break saying Item has been delivered. I Immediatly checked who had signed for it only to find my initials scribbled onto a PDA screen. As I was leaving the country for a seven day holiday in the sun " without the clothes I had ordered especially fo the occasion " I left it at that. On January 2nd around lunchtime whils I was in the back of shop Hermes delivered my parcel telling one of my assistants that there was no need to sign for it as it had already been signed for. I was so angry I vowed not to order online again.

February 16th I broke my vow and ordered from Jacamo again. What a mistake I have just had an email saying Hermes have attempted delivery but no one was in, I have made a complaint to both Jacamo and Hermes. After telling me that no on was in they now tell me that the driver had an issue with the address and they will attempt delvery tomorrow. I should have known better.

Hermes picked up an industrial cool box for me and lost it between Northampton and Coventry after many e mails and offers to cover costs I spat dummy out described the size and markings on item they found it in lemington spa depot delivered two days later which was three weeks after their recorded delivery date on line  you pay cheap you get cheap  royal mail a bit dearer and gets delivered sometimes only a £ or two dearer no drama 

Edited by Saltings

Hermes put a delivery for us in a pillar box and we had to visit the sorting office and pay the postage. 

Mrs T rang and bitched and Hermes said that the most likely explanation was that the parcel had been pinched from outside our house (why it should have been left there is another question) and the thief had thought better of it and dumped in a letterbox.

Eventually got a refund of postage paid from the supplier. Terrible.