MX5 project 1yr on

Davyo

Hi 

Its been nearly 12mths since i last posted on PW.Thought id post some pics of whats been keeping me busy.

Bought a 2006 2lt MX5 last January bog standard.Since then i have all the running gear cleaned and the undercarriage cleaned and wax oiled.

Replaced the tired suspension with Tein Flex Z coilovers   with adjustable ride height & 16 damper settings.New discs & pads all round and all the calipers refurbed.Car was then reshod with quality rubber & lightweight alloys before it went off to AK racing for a 4 wheel alignment.The Seats then went to Seat Surgeons of York to get recovered,while the steering wheel went of to Royal Steering Wheels for a custom recover.While the interior was away we completed the exhaust system with a 4 in to 1 header and took the stainless steel right back to the Cobalt back box.Car is running sweet and hugs the road like it on rails.Ive had such a blast over the Summer and the roofs been down on any dry day.

Next job is that the 5 will have a turbo conversion done by BBR in the spring which after the remap should take it to 300 + bhp.We are currently running 210bhp with the current modifications.

With the car being so light and the 50/50 weight ratio its an absolute joy on the twisties.

1127201823158.jpg

11272018225812.jpg

11272018225840.jpg

11272018225936.jpg

1127201822599.jpg

1127201823036.jpg

Edited by Davyo

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Nice to see you back dave.

It sounds like your project has been keeping you busy. You should get it on a track for a day to see what it'll do.

Hi Mel,hope your well.Ive been busy with a few things,but the 5 im loving at the moment.Joined the MX5 OC as it has a massive membership with 177 cars in my TyneTees club area alone.However their fòrum is terrible,very little activity and certainly no good crack.The motoring section on PW is better than most car forums.

Been on a few club runs but again the cracks not good.So tend to fly solo,plus i can go where i want,stop when i want.I often drive out with a mixed group of cars though.Early morning 'spirited' drives around the East Durham Dales.

The car has been on track a few times but i don't like it when its busy.Track rules just go out of the window on a busy day.

4 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

They have done a great job on those seats 👍

Dare I ask the cost?

300hp in that car will make it a seriously fast car, will put the frighteners on a lot of much more expensive machinery

Normally the Seats and door cards would cost about £680.I was very lucky as some one had paid deposit, placed an order & then pull out.The covers had already been made so all i had to do was leave the seats with them.I paid £315  fitted and got the old worn cloth covers back.They do a cracking job and the quality of the leather is superb.They also do the mock leather if anyone wants the look but at  a lower cost.

9 hours ago, figgy said:

Didn't think your Mrs would let you drive it Davyo.

She only drove it once,and nearly lost the back end on the Stokesley TT in the wet.She had to have a couple of Gins when we got to Helmsley, so i drove back DSC engaged this time lol.

Edited by Davyo