FREE/CHEAP Project SxS or U/O Shotgun - DE14

HuntingManFran

Hi All,

Admins, I hope this is fine. I do have my Shotgun License.
I'm after a double barrell shotgun, either SxS or U/O to work on as a project.
Something I can restore.

I've got great ideas to shou-sugi-ban (Japanese charred wood technique) the stock and foreend and completely sand and re-blue or some funky finish on the barrels and action.
Complete strip down, service and re-assemble.

If anyone's got a gun to give away that might be a good fit do let me know.

Regards,
Fran

See an images below of what I'm thinking of doing with the woodwork.
https://resawntimberco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tora-shou-sugi-ban2.jpg

29 minutes ago, HuntingManFran said:

I'll have a look at the Wabbitbosher selection.

https://resawntimberco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tora-shou-sugi-ban2.jpg

Hi 

If I was honest I don't believe you'll get that affect. I've done coat hangers and other such, it's the sap in the wood which helps the colour. Soft woods. You'll find most gun stocks are hardwoods, probably the softest you'd find is on air guns with beech. The stocks you see similar are laminet which definitely won't 'burn' so to speak. Only thing I've heard of close, is a old technique where string covered in tar, is wrapped around the stock and set alight for a tiger stripe pattern. Might be worth looking into instead. 

Below is the nearest, and if I'm honest the first and worst Ive done. I went in with too much heat. Take your time but you'll find gun stocks are closer grained and very dry. 

If you do decide to give it a go, use a single barrel as you more than likely get 1 for a tenner. 

Atb 

Screenshot_20181229-074847.jpg

1546070226843193370498849249824.jpg

Google or Facebook jack hallams and sons he had a sale on in summer all side by side and single barrel shotguns plus rifles  £100 or less. If not ring branthwaites in Cheadle hulme and ask what he has got in cheap friend got a little coey 410 for around £40 I think it was . Rough and ready but still does what it's designed for