New Years Honours,

redial

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, redial said:

Sir Alastair Cook.

Farmer, cricketer, seems a  nice enough guy.

But knighthood, for living the dream.

He did quite well to be fair.

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

Chris Packham............................get yer brain around that 

At least they got the initials right.

Sadly it has all become a joke;

As mentioned above, Shami Chakrabbati, Baroness Osamor, mother of lying MP and grandmother of a drug dealer, Sir Nick Clegg, rewarded for failure and ruining a party, Lord Kinnock, again rewarded for failure, Lord Prescott, said he would abolish the Lords - until someone offered him a place at £300 a day ........... Lord Rennard, multiple allegations of sexual harrassment, Lord Taylor, convicted fraudster, Lord Brigginshaw (former Union leader and investigated for money laundering), Lord Kagan (theft and defrauding public revenue), and there are many many more.

What a shame when all that we can focus on is the awards given for just doing your job. There are so many worthy players that get overshadowed by the unworthy high profile awards that the whole process gets undermined. It is sometimes difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff as when you read what some have actually achieved its often far more than might at first be imagined. Unfortunately a few mates of a mate awards and the whole system is in doubt.

I have given a few recommendations in the past when asked. The questions you get are are not about what the person may have done, but more about any reason you may be aware of as to why they should not receive one. 

Still waiting for mine. 

3 hours ago, Swinton said:

It’s riff raff awards time again .what has twiggy and Southgate done to warrant one 

Well said that man, Southgate should have been sacked England had a fantastic opportunity of winning the World Cup, all the big boys were out but they blew it. OBE what a joke he should have had his p45.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, oowee said:

What a shame when all that we can focus on is the awards given for just doing your job. There are so many worthy players that get overshadowed by the unworthy high profile awards that the whole process gets undermined. It is sometimes difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff as when you read what some have actually achieved its often far more than might at first be imagined. Unfortunately a few mates of a mate awards and the whole system is in doubt.

I have given a few recommendations in the past when asked. The questions you get are are not about what the person may have done, but more about any reason you may be aware of as to why they should not receive one. 

Still waiting for mine. 

What are your thoughts on Chris Packham?

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

Chris Packham............................get yer brain around that :mad:

Guess which political party Packham is a vocal supporter of......................I,ll give you a clue, they are lead by an idiot resembling Worzel Gummidge!

I never understood why people get awards for doing their job, or as said earlier, living the dream. I've busted my butt all my life fixing peoples motor's, will I get an award? Yeah I won't be holding my breath on that one. Awards for those that do great charity work, tirelessly helping others, then that's very different, but sports people, actors, fashion models...... what the f.......is that all about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2633631/amp/Stop-spending-money-chasing-cures-cancer-spend-helping-wildlife-instead-says-BBCs-Chris-Packham.html

So this is what Packham thinks, stop spending money on researching and curing cancer and spend it on wildlife instead. That is one very sick person.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Just had a couple of guys in green suits jump out of a vehcikle with flashing lights all over it....that is where any awards should go.  Tell me WHY should a Chief Constable be given a Knighthood even then made a Lord just for doing his job. Load of you know what.

Surely the guys in green jumpsuits are just doing their jobs in the same way a chief constable is? 

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

So, will they get a Knighthood or be a Lord ... don't make me laugh.  No way.

Quite a few NHS workers have received knighthoods over the years, and many more have received honours. Then there's Lord Winston and Lord Darzi, both eminent doctors, I'm sure there are others too.

Just doing your job should not even get a look in. Going beyond what can be expected then maybe you should get a look in. 

I reckon the guys that carried out the rescue in Thailand should be at the front of the que.

Stephen Addison the reformed gang member contribution for changing lives.

Faeeza Vaid the woman that was subject to domestic violence and then started a program for Muslim women against violence. 

Edited by oowee

i think we ought to produce our own medals.......like...............

1. TOOTS.................the order of the shed
  2.  MPS.....................master pigeon shooter
  3. BWA.....................big woman apreciater
  4. BTE.......................brexit troll extreme

we would recieve them and be touched lightly on the shoulder with an old damascus barrell................