New Years Honours,

redial

I recon one of our top members deserve some sort of knighthood  , P C ( Pigeon Controller ) with his faithful mate , and not forgetting the dog , they turn out in all weather conditions every Saturday morning without fail, often going that extra mile and sitting it out in rain , sleet and sometimes snow , these two don't know what defeat is , and why do they do it ? ,  just to give us our weekly fix on a Saturday night , I would call them our super hero's  

What would you call his award ?

Mine would be.........     P W M ( Pigeons Worst Nightmare )

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has a 27 year old footballer on the thick end of £150,000 a week done to deserve an honour. Harry Kane seems a nice enough fella but how that rates you honour doing your dream job is beyond me ..Same as Southgate , honour for getting to a semi final ,beggars belief .not to mention he’s on about £ 5mil a year ...

5 hours ago, poontang said:

Quite a few NHS workers have received knighthoods over the years, and many more have received honours. Then there's Lord Winston and Lord Darzi, both eminent doctors, I'm sure there are others too.

You're right but but not the workers, carrying out personal care, cleaning and cooking etc.

5 minutes ago, redial said:

You're right but but not the workers, carrying out personal care, cleaning and cooking etc.

Bloody hell, so the hospital cleaner should get a gong for services rendered?

How about I get a lifetime peerage for services to the public sector? Because without my taxes, and those of other private sector workers, there wouldn't even be a NHS!!

The wife's auntie was a voluntary worker in a hospital for over 30 years up at 6am 7days a week at first paying for her bus fair until she got her bus pass at 60. Fellow workers put her name forward a few times but nothing became of it .To be honest she was a very straight talking type and didn't suffer fools lightly so don't know if she would have been pleased with an honour or not.

Don't know if you have to be one of the great and the good to propose someone or can anyone do it. 

53 minutes ago, scutt said:

The wife's auntie was a voluntary worker in a hospital for over 30 years up at 6am 7days a week at first paying for her bus fair until she got her bus pass at 60. Fellow workers put her name forward a few times but nothing became of it .To be honest she was a very straight talking type and didn't suffer fools lightly so don't know if she would have been pleased with an honour or not.

Don't know if you have to be one of the great and the good to propose someone or can anyone do it. 

hello, you do not, a lady i know received an award last year for dedicating 10 years of her life for raising thousands of pounds in her own charity shop after her husband died of kidney failure, many people in the local community and MP put her name forward,   

13 hours ago, moose man said:

What has a 27 year old footballer on the thick end of £150,000 a week done to deserve an honour. Harry Kane seems a nice enough fella but how that rates you honour doing your dream job is beyond me ..Same as Southgate , honour for getting to a semi final ,beggars belief .not to mention he’s on about £ 5mil a year ...

In the easiest draw they have ever had, he has done nothing to deserve even 1% of his annual wage. 

1 hour ago, JRDS said:

In the easiest draw they have ever had, he has done nothing to deserve even 1% of his annual wage. 

The real people 'taken for a ride' are those who pay the inflated ticket prices and the 'pay to view/pay monthly' for TV rights to these sports.  That is where the big money comes from.

If someone offered me £150,000 a week to do something I enjoyed - I'd jump at the chance.  If someone asks me to pay a big price to watch it, nothing doing.  Like so many things in life - the losers are the mass public who cough up to make these big inflated salaries possible.

Putting it simply, there is a nomination process, you, me, anyone can nominate anyone, it then goes through a selection process.

If Normal people don't get recognition its because nobody nominated them!

Also remember, many normal people DO get recognised but the media concentrate on the celebrities!

I am not suggesting the system is perfect, but it isn't quite as biased as some seem to suggest, and I also don't understand how some of the celebrities/politicians/civil servants qualify either!

https://www.gov.uk/honours

Edited by Dekers

45 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Putting it simply, there is a nomination process, you, me, anyone can nominate anyone, it then goes through a selection process.

If Normal people don't get recognition its because nobody nominated them!

Also remember, many normal people DO get recognised but the media concentrate on the celebrities!

I am not suggesting the system is perfect, but it isn't quite as biased as some seem to suggest, and I also don't understand how some of the celebrities/politicians/civil servants qualify either!

https://www.gov.uk/honours

lets all nominate Ditchman for a knighthood then, to be known from this day hence as, Sir Ditchman of Norfolkstan for his services to cutlery! 

26 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Exactly! but google is your friend!

I grew up with Lonnie Donegan and his ilk; so googling Ariana Grande is not going to improve my knowledge of the current pop scene or get me rushing out to buy her latest release. I am aware she performed for free in a concert to honour the victims, but does this really warrant an award. I would however put my hand up for the suggestion we nominate Ditchman, we could do with a titled member to add a bit of decorum to the forum.

Edited by JJsDad

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

i think we ought to produce our own medals.......like...............

1. TOOTS.................the order of the shed
  2.  MPS.....................master pigeon shooter
  3. BWA.....................big woman apreciater
  4. BTE.......................brexit troll extreme

we would recieve them and be touched lightly on the shoulder with an old damascus barrell................

:yahoo:Brilliant....I'm here sniffing and coughing and sneezing and that has made my day....thank you.

I await other awards ... such as SSWS ....Sir, Squirrel whackerstacker

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

I grew up with Lonnie Donegan and his ilk; so googling Ariana Grande is not going to improve my knowledge of the current pop scene or get me rushing out to buy her latest release. I am aware she performed for free in a concert to honour the victims, but does this really warrant an award. I would however put my hand up for the suggestion we nominate Ditchman, we could do with a titled member to add a bit of decorum to the forum.

THFOSA...............The Honary Fellowship Of Self Abusers

22 hours ago, moose man said:

I couldn't agree more! At the end of their career in recognition of past achievement perhaps, but only then if they have made a charitable contribution above and beyond their own self interest

On 30/12/2018 at 16:19, panoma1 said:

lets all nominate Ditchman for a knighthood then, to be known from this day hence as, Sir Ditchman of Norfolkstan for his services to cutlery! 

Very good idea panoma1 , a few miles from where Ditchman live, there is a village near Bungay called Ditchingham , if he lived there he would then be known as Sir Ditchmam of Ditchingham .

Also I am not sure they named his village pub after the great man himself , when I played darts years ago we went there and it was known as The Cantley Coxk , now it have gone up market and is now known as The Coxk Tavern , 

I do know how to spell it but I thought they might had filtered the Cock out 😊

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Very good idea panoma1 , a few miles from where Ditchman live, there is a village near Bungay called Ditchingham , if he lived there he would then be known as Sir Ditchmam of Ditchingham .

Also I am not sure they named his village pub after the great man himself , when I played darts years ago we went there and it was known as The Cantley Coxk , now it have gone up market and is now known as The Coxk Tavern , 

I do know how to spell it but I thought they might had filtered the Cock out 😊

Ditchingham rounderbout......................................where them chickens are all over the road........