Christmas Paint Job - Prezzie From Me To Me

Guerini Guy

On 29/12/2018 at 07:36, scutt said:

Why did you have your vehicle camod up do you have a specific reason or that you just like the look ? ( Genuine question not having a pop.)

Hi Scutt ย - being an ageing shooter with the onset of various medical problems, I cannot walk too far these days, especially carrying a load of gear. There are still some good areas on my permissions where I don't have a choice and will still do it, but I am lucky to have proper driveable maintenance strips around a lot of my land.

When my aches and pains just won't stand for it,ย I have had some success just parking up the Jeep and setting up a hide against it, but some pigeons do flare away, so thought that giving the Jeep a paint job might help to keep the birds on line. Might be a complete waste of money, but even if that is the case, I still think its looksย  cool anyway?

On 29/12/2018 at 08:28, Jaymo said:

And your insurance company tooย 

Not insurance, but completed a V5C to DVLA for colour change

On 29/12/2018 at 09:10, moondoggy said:

Looks great. Only problem is, theyโ€™ve painted over your number platesย ๐Ÿคฃ

Nah that was me . . . . . just don't trust you buggerzย ๐Ÿ˜‹

6 hours ago, Cranfield said:

You know you're a Redneck when โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

You ย do a camoย paint job on your shooting vehicle and others call you a Redneck, but only cos they are jealousย ๐Ÿ˜‚

7 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I think if that was my car if make a point of always driving with the lights on the road .

Dontย want your insurance company blaming you for any crash .the lights will make u visableย 

That Jeep actually spends very little time on the roads, only going between permissions, but a fair comment none the less, and point well taken ๐Ÿ™‚

9 minutes ago, Keith oakey said:

Just like this Guerini guy, unbelievable but they still came in shot 30+ truck looks awesomeย 

image.jpeg

Hi Keith - yup that looks very familiar to me. Its surprising how many pigeons don't seem to see the vehicle, or at least take no notice of it, but you do get some flaring, and the paint job was partly to try and get better results from the day. We will see, but I still think its quite kool anywayย ๐Ÿ‘

36 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Not really my cup of tea , but whoever done it look as if they have made a nice job of the painting .

My eyes are not as good as they once were , but can you tell me if they do it in other colour's please ?ย :hmm:

ย 

All down to personal taste mate I guess, but yes, they would do any colours the customer prefersย ๐Ÿ‘

On 29/12/2018 at 20:32, Guerini Guy said:

All down to personal taste mate I guess, but yes, they would do any colours the customer prefersย ๐Ÿ‘

I know it's not quite the same but if you are using your motor as a hide , as already suggested , couldn't you had put two or three camo nets over it ?

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

I know it's not quite the same but if you are using your motor as a hide , as already suggested , couldn't you had put two or three camo nets over it ?

Yup ๐Ÿ™‚

But like I said - this Jeep is ONLY used for shooting and nothing else . . . . . . . so whyย not? ย I can ย pop out for a quick hour or two with the minimal of effort and set up time.

Edited by Guerini Guy

On 29/12/2018 at 08:28, Jaymo said:

And your insurance company tooย 

DVLA yes!! Insurance company "advisable" as they will use any excuse to refuse a claim payout! I wonder if the DVLA have "camo" in their colour description list,

I would love to repaint my black Vitara the same, I tried a camo tarpaulin but it kept blowing away in the wind,so I just drive away from the hide and try to hide it behind bushes etc,ย 

The paint job looks great , if you are ever trying to escape from the law all you need to do is park up in someones garden, they will never find you.ย :good:

23 hours ago, lakeside1000 said:

DVLA yes!! Insurance company "advisable" as they will use any excuse to refuse a claim payout! I wonder if the DVLA have "camo" in their colour description list,

I would love to repaint my black Vitara the same, I tried a camo tarpaulin but it kept blowing away in the wind,so I just drive away from the hide and try to hide it behind bushes etc,ย 

The paint job looks great , if you are ever trying to escape from the law all you need to do is park up in someones garden, they will never find you.ย :good:

Have done the V5C for DVLA. Wasn't sure how to describe it and didn't particularly want to use the actual word "camouflage" so I entered it as "Green Grassland" !

Not done insurance yet - don't think it is a requirement as it is not a modification in a mechanical sense. This vehicle does less than 800 miles a year on normal roads, but more than happy to receive more advice on the subject. Certainly accept Lakeside's comment of it being "advisable"ย ๐Ÿ‘

On 29/12/2018 at 10:19, Guerini Guy said:

Not a probย . . . . . she is a shooter tooย ๐Ÿ‘

Haha - just re-read this, and at first I thought Mossy was asking if I had told the DIVA ย ๐Ÿ˜‚