Brocock Bantam Sniper HR fac 22

activeviii

Has anyone a Bantam. Preferably an fac?

Been look for a while as I want a new gun for ratting but also for the squirrels. Was hoping I could use the Bantam and turn it down I'm and around the farm buildings and turn it up in the fields for knocking squirrels out the trees and from under the feeders.

Inhave a s200 with multi shot adaptor at the moment. Works very well on the rats but no legs for the squirrels. But I don't have room for more guns as I could have just bought a rapid and saved money.

Problem I have now is I went to order one from a shop and was put off, being told that because their basically a daystate, same factory and all that, that the shop will have no dealing due to to many being sent back for repair straight out the box.

Is there any feed back in the sniper hr. And idea on shot count for one in fac .22

Are they really that bad, is there something else out there. Needs to be compact and as light as I can get away with. .22 and a fair size air tank, or one with changeable tanks so I can carry a spare when ratting. Can take 100+ shots a night so don't really want to be going back to car every 20 shots for a recharge

Thanks for looking

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2018 at 09:32, activeviii said:

Has anyone a Bantam. Preferably an fac?

Been look for a while as I want a new gun for ratting but also for the squirrels. Was hoping I could use the Bantam and turn it down I'm and around the farm buildings and turn it up in the fields for knocking squirrels out the trees and from under the feeders.

Inhave a s200 with multi shot adaptor at the moment. Works very well on the rats but no legs for the squirrels. But I don't have room for more guns as I could have just bought a rapid and saved money.

Problem I have now is I went to order one from a shop and was put off, being told that because their basically a daystate, same factory and all that, that the shop will have no dealing due to to many being sent back for repair straight out the box.

Is there any feed back in the sniper hr. And idea on shot count for one in fac .22

Are they really that bad, is there something else out there. Needs to be compact and as light as I can get away with. .22 and a fair size air tank, or one with changeable tanks so I can carry a spare when ratting. Can take 100+ shots a night so don't really want to be going back to car every 20 shots for a recharge

Thanks for looking

Phil

my mate picked one up on Saturday we took it down the gunclub last night tryed jsb got alot of flyers, got alot better group with AA its a really nice handling gun not cheep tho think he got the upgraded air cylinder 

• 9 months later...

How light do you want? Your shot count will be down to how much power you want to how many cc of air.

The new FX Dreamline can be had with a carbon bottle.

In fact any gun with a bottle can be swapped for a larger carbon one for greater shot count.or twin bottles with adapter.

FX impact is another good fac rifle. The HW100 carbine. BSA do good fac with decent shot count.

Arron's new Bantam sniper is very accurate looking at his group tests.

Yeah good call, i agree the impact aswell. 

I had my bantam from release date, mine was ordered in specificly from Carl at Brierly gun whos is a massive Daystate dealer. He ordered 3 in and i no of 1 that went back for a power increase. Mine touch wood hasnt skipped a beat. And groups amazingly. Any issues when wind is only down to the shooter.  Low to zero wind at 30m is a 1 hole group... litrally. 45m 2 touching group with 5 shots throgh the hole. And again pushing out very tight... i managed to hit with the correct info inputted to data software that at 100m i managed 1 inch baby apple taken from a tree. Filmed. And it clearly hit centre with alot of energy still