PARD 007

steve_b_wales

1 hour ago, D3ave said:

Have you a link to the lens upgrade?

Thanks

Dave

Details in this faceache group......you’ll need to join though. I had to dig a bit to find it and narrowed it down with the search function.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526261620999944/

impressed by the upgrade though.... I didn’t get on with the 007 when I tried it and reckon that was down to the base magnification of the 16mm lens with hindsight. Shame they don’t offer the 12mm lens as standard...... but maybe Ashley at CRS would fit one for you if you asked.....and still offer the warranty?

cheers

fizz

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've got one which is excellent. I just fancy the 007.

My pard is going back just compared the pard to daveGs add on and daves knocks spots off the pard , the pards a great little unit but my scope is set quite farback so when the pards fitted i have little or no cheek weld , yes i could get a stock extension or spend more money on a picatinny rail and qd mounts but then i may as well go to dedicated plus i havent got a lot of night shooting perms so i will stick with daves

8 minutes ago, fizzbangwhallop said:

Details in this faceache group......you’ll need to join though. I had to dig a bit to find it and narrowed it down with the search function.

impressed by the upgrade though.... I didn’t get on with the 007 when I tried it and reckon that was down to the base magnification of the 16mm lens with hindsight. Shame they don’t offer the 12mm lens as standard...... but maybe Ashley at CRS would fit one for you if you asked.....and still offer the warranty?

cheers

fizz

Thats the one ,you have to join the group but theres a good bit of info on there ,one fella on there has loads of videos  with the pard stripped right down and is on about changing the camera for a better one , all very interesting stuff

28 minutes ago, fizzbangwhallop said:

cheers

fizz

is this what you want?

42 minutes ago, telf said:

Thats the one ,you have to join the group but theres a good bit of info on there ,one fella on there has loads of videos  with the pard stripped right down and is on about changing the camera for a better one , all very interesting stuff

I've read a lot about the lens being changed from the standard 16mm to a 12mm.

With all this stuff you get ought for nowt and they are all built down to a price point. They look to provide good value for what they are but the tendency for all NV is more and more please 🙂. All depends on what you need / want it for and the size of your wallet.

NV forum is a good read if you want to know more. 

5 hours ago, oowee said:

With all this stuff you get ought for nowt and they are all built down to a price point. They look to provide good value for what they are but the tendency for all NV is more and more please 🙂. All depends on what you need / want it for and the size of your wallet.

NV forum is a good read if you want to know more. 

what the man says above. but one other thing all this nv is limited by ir. The difference in ir are mind blowing. thought i had topped it with mine till i tried my mates dragonfly

Most inexperienced peoples IR limitations are aggravated by not aiming their beam high enough in the viewer - so it causes the camera to shut out surplus local light flare - reducing a lot of its distant viewing potential. Its a bit like squinting your eyes if you like.

The better digital NVD's use an E700 camera from Sure24, which has a CCD sensor with large pixels that are superior for low light performance than the smaller pixels in the CMOS sensor of the Pard NV007.

Edited by Dave-G

14 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

As an air rifle and shotgun guy how far away do you centre fire guys want to be able to shoot a fox?

With my NV unit I will take foxes out to a max of 250 yards ( most around the 150 yard mark ) However if I’m able to shoot out to 250 yards I want my NV to give my clear viewing out to 400 yards so can see what is behind my target . The biggest problem I found with lower end NV units is if you have a max viewing distance of say 150 yards , I have no idea what’s at 200 yards as it’s just a black wall 

23 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

As an air rifle and shotgun guy how far away do you centre fire guys want to be able to shoot a fox?

If I had the means to range find accurately at night then it's possible to Identify a fox out to over 600 yards, and take the shot. 

And after seeing the latest pulsar thermal Accolade binocular with a rangefinder, its looking quite possible. Lol