PARD 007

steve_b_wales

I wouldnt have one either having seen the eye smear in most related youtube video's. I think the lag/smear won't bother novice buyers who have never seen no smear imaging. 

My opinion is its a seriously professional well put together budget first timers NV device that will likely please most subsonic users who have not seen what better camera equipped devices can offer. A fox shooter will likely want to spend another £150ish on a laser light source to beat it into submission - making it a £550 ish rig.

It also needs a focusable scope with a low (EG 3-12x50) starting magnification that focuses down to 10 yards or so because of its built in zoom because the manufacturer compromised its add-on practicality in favour of improving its second intended duty as a spotter. If you dont have a parallax adjustable scope don't even think about trying it.

I recently went on a Thomas Jacks demo night, i admit things have come on leaps and bounds since i bought my Archer. But there was nothing there to think about buying anything different. I know we are on about this 007 device, but having seen similar i would save your money. 

On 30/12/2018 at 22:55, Dougy said:

If I had the means to range find accurately at night then it's possible to Identify a fox out to over 600 yards, and take the shot. 

And after seeing the latest pulsar thermal Accolade binocular with a rangefinder, its looking quite possible. Lol

In-built RF piqued my curiosity with the Accolade at first too Dougy. Being binocular though soon convinced me to stay with my XD for now. Like the range finding capability but losing natural night vision in both eyes when you use the accolade put me straight off it.

1 hour ago, racing snake said:

In-built RF piqued my curiosity with the Accolade at first too Dougy. Being binocular though soon convinced me to stay with my XD for now. Like the range finding capability but losing natural night vision in both eyes when you use the accolade put me straight off it.

To be honest your not using your eyes in natural light immediately after though are you? your using another method of night vision ie either tubed or digital. So it really won't make that much difference. 

4 hours ago, Dougy said:

To be honest your not using your eyes in natural light immediately after though are you? your using another method of night vision ie either tubed or digital. So it really won't make that much difference. 

You will be if you're just scanning. I always use the same eye for the monocular and the scope (you can keep natural night vision in one eye, as they act independently of each other). If I'm halfway up a hill and scan with the accolade I'd have to wait for my natural night vision to return before setting off again. Using a monocular it's always there in my right eye (I shoot left-handed). For me, who shoots on foot, it would be a massive PITA. If they bring out a monocular version that still has the built in RF I'd definitely be interested.

Edited by racing snake

I've got say "NO I DON'T NEED ONE",  with that in my possession I'll be taking Fox's off the neighbouring estate. I'm in trouble as it is down the local, they don't do much of a job on the Fox's and i see loads on there bit at around 5-600 yards off. 

56 minutes ago, racing snake said:

You will be if you're just scanning. I always use the same eye for the monocular and the scope (you can keep natural night vision in one eye, as they act independently of each other). If I'm halfway up a hill and scan with the accolade I'd have to wait for my natural night vision to return before setting off again. Using a monocular it's always there in my right eye (I shoot left-handed). For me, who shoots on foot, it would be a massive PITA. If they bring out a monocular version that still has the built in RF I'd definitely be interested.

you dont need anymore help the amount you shoot stu. there will be none left in the county:good:

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2018 at 15:17, fizzbangwhallop said:

Details in this faceache group......you’ll need to join though. I had to dig a bit to find it and narrowed it down with the search function.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526261620999944/

impressed by the upgrade though.... I didn’t get on with the 007 when I tried it and reckon that was down to the base magnification of the 16mm lens with hindsight. Shame they don’t offer the 12mm lens as standard...... but maybe Ashley at CRS would fit one for you if you asked.....and still offer the warranty?

cheers

fizz

They do now.

No voiding of warranty or making adaptors that move the lens too close to the ocular meaning the adaptor mount has to be moved further back also to get a reticule focus like in the butcher video in this post..

https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/1080P-Pard-NV007-Night-Vision-Scope-Add-On-12mm

Edited by Mini Magnum

6 hours ago, Mini Magnum said:

They do now.

No voiding of warranty or making adaptors that move the lens too close to the ocular meaning the adaptor mount has to be moved further back also to get a reticule focus like in the butcher video in this post..

https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/1080P-Pard-NV007-Night-Vision-Scope-Add-On-12mm

Have to say I’m impressed by the speedy way Pard react/respond to suggestions and constructive criticism from the people that sell and those that use the kit in the real world.

🤣........that sounds like another manufacturer notorious for releasing new equipment onto the market for ‘user testing and development’ but Pard have got it working well right from the off.

As for me.... I’ve now got a Pard NV008 dedicated sat on the one rifle that was getting left behind in the cabinet....early days yet* but I’m amazed at its performance for such a small package. Very impressed.

* by early days I mean getting the opportunity to get some more zeroing time to test the repeatability in taking it off and putting it back on the rifle (All my scopes come off before the rifle goes in the cabinet and I also swap with the dayscopes as and when). The Pard 8 took me 3 shots to zero at 100m.....boresight, 1 @ 25m, 2 @ 100m..result. 

fizz

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have purchased a Pard 007 pre OLED and should be here soon this is the scope on my CZ 22 L/R, will this scope work ? Hawke Vantage SF I/R 3x12 10x half mil dot, I/R torch by Ian called a X T bought off PW member bumpy , any advice welcome, magnification about 6, ? Likely distance ? , Cheers

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I have purchased a Pard 007 pre OLED and should be here soon this is the scope on my CZ 22 L/R, will this scope work ? Hawke Vantage SF I/R 3x12 10x half mil dot, I/R torch by Ian called a X T bought off PW member bumpy , any advice welcome, magnification about 6, ? Likely distance ? , Cheers

Hello, has these 007s got a front dioptre or will I need to buy a plus x filter ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/08/2020 at 23:39, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, just to say gave it a try out this week, thanks to Steve b for a 42 mm mount fitted on the above scope once I got the adjustments about right with only mag 4 on the scope and no magnification on the pard it worked very well as did the onboard I/R, with zero set at 50 yards I had a clear screen to 100 and could still spot rabbit out to 200 plus yards, so far very pleased, cheers