steve_b_wales

PARD 007

54 minutes ago, D3ave said:

Fizz

Thanks for the link, I have  watched the strip down video,  does changing the lens help with the awful camera lag that I get from the unit.

Thanks

Haven’t a clue D3ave..... I’d sent mine back well before I even heard of anyone changing the lens.....

cheers

fizz

I wouldnt have one either having seen the eye smear in most related youtube video's. I think the lag/smear won't bother novice buyers who have never seen no smear imaging. 

My opinion is its a seriously professional well put together budget first timers NV device that will likely please most subsonic users who have not seen what better camera equipped devices can offer. A fox shooter will likely want to spend another £150ish on a laser light source to beat it into submission - making it a £550 ish rig.

It also needs a focusable scope with a low (EG 3-12x50) starting magnification that focuses down to 10 yards or so because of its built in zoom because the manufacturer compromised its add-on practicality in favour of improving its second intended duty as a spotter. If you dont have a parallax adjustable scope don't even think about trying it.

I recently went on a Thomas Jacks demo night, i admit things have come on leaps and bounds since i bought my Archer. But there was nothing there to think about buying anything different. I know we are on about this 007 device, but having seen similar i would save your money. 

On 30/12/2018 at 22:55, Dougy said:

If I had the means to range find accurately at night then it's possible to Identify a fox out to over 600 yards, and take the shot. 

And after seeing the latest pulsar thermal Accolade binocular with a rangefinder, its looking quite possible. Lol

In-built RF piqued my curiosity with the Accolade at first too Dougy. Being binocular though soon convinced me to stay with my XD for now. Like the range finding capability but losing natural night vision in both eyes when you use the accolade put me straight off it.

1 hour ago, racing snake said:

In-built RF piqued my curiosity with the Accolade at first too Dougy. Being binocular though soon convinced me to stay with my XD for now. Like the range finding capability but losing natural night vision in both eyes when you use the accolade put me straight off it.

To be honest your not using your eyes in natural light immediately after though are you? your using another method of night vision ie either tubed or digital. So it really won't make that much difference. 

Posted (edited)
    4 hours ago, Dougy said:

To be honest your not using your eyes in natural light immediately after though are you? your using another method of night vision ie either tubed or digital. So it really won't make that much difference. 

You will be if you're just scanning. I always use the same eye for the monocular and the scope (you can keep natural night vision in one eye, as they act independently of each other). If I'm halfway up a hill and scan with the accolade I'd have to wait for my natural night vision to return before setting off again. Using a monocular it's always there in my right eye (I shoot left-handed). For me, who shoots on foot, it would be a massive PITA. If they bring out a monocular version that still has the built in RF I'd definitely be interested.

Edited by racing snake

I've got say "NO I DON'T NEED ONE",  with that in my possession I'll be taking Fox's off the neighbouring estate. I'm in trouble as it is down the local, they don't do much of a job on the Fox's and i see loads on there bit at around 5-600 yards off. 

56 minutes ago, racing snake said:

You will be if you're just scanning. I always use the same eye for the monocular and the scope (you can keep natural night vision in one eye, as they act independently of each other). If I'm halfway up a hill and scan with the accolade I'd have to wait for my natural night vision to return before setting off again. Using a monocular it's always there in my right eye (I shoot left-handed). For me, who shoots on foot, it would be a massive PITA. If they bring out a monocular version that still has the built in RF I'd definitely be interested.

you dont need anymore help the amount you shoot stu. there will be none left in the county:good:

3 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

you dont need anymore help the amount you shoot stu. there will be none left in the county:good:

Cheers Ed, don't think my bank balance could stand it either. :good::lol: