Asking for shooting on first post

bruno22rf

19 hours ago, Jason_ox said:

We have a syndicate run on our farm, all the beaters who shoot are allowed pigeon shooting after season, all they have to do is ring one of us up beforehand to get the go ahead. They also get a beaters day and a walked up day if they want to. A couple of guns and beaters have used our land to gain FAC. I’d be positive that in the 5 years of the shoot running  we have never had a phone call for pigeon shooting and the guys who got FAC grants have possibly showed up a handful of times and have never been out at night for fox. Needless to say that we probably won’t be signing anyone’s renewals! Goes to show that even when they get permissions some don’t put any effort in to keep it. 

Find that really strange, i understand some people will be happy beating just to work their dog, day out having a laugh with a brace of birds, but why would they not turn up to shoot after applying for FAC or vermin in general? Very strange.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Find that really strange, i understand some people will be happy beating just to work their dog, day out having a laugh with a brace of birds, but why would they not turn up to shoot after applying for FAC or vermin in general? Very strange.

Think it’s a bit like the pigeon shooters I have seen come and go over the years, they get permission, turn at the field, march over to the nearest place to setup, fire a shot then end up staring at an empty sky for the rest of the day, if they stay all day that is, it does not take many outings like this before they give up and you never see them again, you would be surprised just how many are like this.

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

Exactly as old’un above mentioned. Seems as though they’ll have a go, get the ticket find out that it takes a bit of skill and field craft to know what you’re doing so are unsuccessful on a number of occasions and lose interest. Either that or just don’t get the time and don’t want to lose their rifles and surrender their licence or not renew.  It has also been mentioned by the FEO that a number of people have applied/renewed with our land as their location of shooting. No actions taken just noted, so we know they keep an eye on things and would probably pull us to one side if we gave too many people permission.